Get ready to make the switch!

• Self-published DTHs - The new app still supports self-published DTHs, but we found that over 90% of the devices on the SmartThings platform can be run by less than 100 ST Approved DTHs and most would actually work better. We’ve already rebuilt the most popular DTHs, tested them in the new app, and made them execute locally where possible. We recommend you transition any self-published DTHs to ST Approved DTHs to get the best experience in the new app.
  • Custom Capabilities - Custom attributes are changing to custom capabilities in the new app. This means that if a device hasn’t had custom capabilities UI metadata created to match its attributes, they won’t display properly in the new app. We’ve already done this for the most popular devices (see info above on ST approved DTHs) and are finishing development on a way for you to create your own custom capabilities. Additional user front-ends that will help with this are under development and should be ready in the coming months, so we’d recommend waiting until that is released before beginning any work on custom capabilities yourself.

I guess the GE/Jasco dual dimmer smart plug GE model 28175 is not a popular device. I thought that GE was one of the most popular brands of 3rd party devices.

I am uncertain if it’s just the UI that needs to be fixed, or if this metadata is needed to properly sync with Google and Amazon Alexa. In the new app, the custom DH that I got from this community does not show dual, independent child devices like the old app displays, nor does it sync the virtual child devices to Alexa. I’ve posted in the DH topic, but nobody has replied, and the developer seems to have left the community. Very frustrating.

Topic with link to github DH is here: GE Zwave Dual Control Dimmer 28175

1 Like