GE Zwave+ on sale at Lowes

That’s the issue, “never lit” doesn’t work and when I contact Jasco about it, that’s basically what they said (I realise you’re from Jasco). There are two points about this though:

1. Never lit should mean just that, never lit, at all, ever and I’ll just have to suck it up not having a visual indication of speed (though in my opinion, it’s pretty obvious from the fan itself).
  2. Or, never lit but when the speed changes, just flash for the speed change and then go back to being “never lit”.

It’s really frustrating in the bedroom when there’s a beaming blue light coming from the switch. I get that I could put something over the LED but the point is, the functionality is there in the other switches, it should be there for the fan as well.

I’ll try the custom DTH but another one I tried didn’t work. Jasco said that it was part of the change for ZW+ but I know for a fact it’s not exclusive to ZW+ as I have some of the later 12724 dimmers that behave the same.

1 Like

Benji, I hear ya 100%. We’re constantly updating our firmware to adapt to customer concerns and issues and we’re looking at this one currently. The problem is there just isn’t a convenient way to get the new firmware out to customers’ existing devices, even after fixes are implemented. That is something else I’m pushing within the group; How can we provide OTA updates for customers…Unfortunately, not many hubs have made it to the point where they can push out updates periodically to connected devices.

Yeah I didn’t word my response clearly. Sorry for the confusion! Working on mobile isn’t the best idea.

It’s at least good to hear you looking into it. I realise ST and many other hubs don’t do Z-Wave OTA updates yet although I do have an Aeotec/AEON Z-Wave stick I could in theory move a device over to, perform an update and then re-add it back to ST. Could the files at least be made available for download? Aeotec/AEON are very good in providing firmware update files, it would be nice if other manufacturers followed their example.

Z-Wave OTA updates have been discussed many times before, I’ve commented on this issue before with Z-Wave switches when ST was asking use cases for ZW OTA updates:

Even so far back as ~3 years ago from a quick search:

wink wink knudge nudge @Kianoosh_Karami @tpmanley @nastevens @posborne @duncan … Yeah I did it… I tagged everyone… and I’d do it again for ZW OTA updates :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I keep my Iris v2 hub handy as I have planned to update a bunch of devices.