GE zwave dimmer acts crazy

I have a GE zwave dimmer that worked fine for 2 years. all of a sudden when I turn it on it will come on about 25% and wont turn on all the way.Then all by itself it will turn on to 100% after a few mins then it will dim again.it will do this a few time then work ok. But sometime it will be on then Just shut off. I have 6 switches in the kitchens and all work fine but that one. I have tried to change the switch with a new one and it dose the same thing. has anyone else had this trouble.

Sounds like circuit fluctuations or an overheating wire. I would bring in an electrician since it’s happening with two different switches in the same spot, there may be a short somewhere. Unless you recently changed bulbs, in which case it might be an overload.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I am an electrician and did all the wiring when I remodeled the kitchen. it is on a circuit with other lights but this light is the only one on this zwave switch. after using a meter on it when it was acting crazy I found that the voltage was not changing. that led me to the light fixture and when it tested fine my only option was to switch bulbs with one that was working. What do you know the problem followed the bulb. So it seems that I got a package of bulbs that are not dimmable. Go figure…

1 Like