I just installed my first ZigBee in-wall smart switch from GE (model 45856GE, this one), and I’m having an issue I can only describe as odd:
- I installed it in a simple single-switch setup, no traveler
- Wiring should be correct, and I believe that’s also confirmed by many things described below
- When turning on the breaker, the blue LED starts blinking, as expected
- While unpaired, I can turn on/off the light without issues using the physical control
- Once paired, things get odd
- I can turn the light on/off via the smartthings app
- When I push the physical button, the light doesn’t get turned on/off
- However the blue LED does the expected thing: It turns on when I (supposedly) turn off the light and turns back off when I (supposedly) turn on the light, but as said above, the light never actually changes state.
I already tried unpairing the switch (via the 10 clicks) and repairing, but no change.
I’m sure you agree this sounds more like a software issue than an problem with my install, but it still irritates me to no end
Any ideas or suggestions what might be going on here?