GE Z-Wave Switches & Other Devices Disconnecting

z-wave

(Steve White) #1

Since the last update I’ve had numerous instances of GE switches disconnecting. They do not come back online with a network, nor does air-gapping the switch for a few minutes work either. The only fix so far is to remove and re-pair them. I’m running a network repair as I compose this post and it’s already reported 3 failures with GE switches.

Anyone else run into this lately? I’m going to run it by support for an opinion too.

Thanks!


(Norman) #2

After several weeks of working okay, my kwiklock 914 lock (z-wave) disconnected from my hub (v2). I had to delete the smart app and remove the lock from the hub, and then re-pair it again. Seems to be working okay now.


(Eric) #3

Happened the last couple weeks to me and support blamed my previously rock solid performance of over two years for those switches as the problem.

I suspect its on their side again due to some fiddling. I did replaces repeatedly once this started a few weeks back until they convinced me to upgrade my 100+ devices to V2.


#4

Having the same issue with one GE Z-Wave dimmer switch starting a few weeks back and another one this week. Going to see if forgetting and re-adding them works. They still show up in the list of devices, but no longer respond to commands to turn off/on.


(Takis) #5

had that happened to 2 of my switches last week. Ended up re - paining them and now works fine… These switches worked good before and nothing was touched at the systems for months now…


(esung) #6

I had that problem this past week. Support suggested a few things but nothing worked. Power down - wait 15sec - restart hub and repair z network. Go to graph.api.smartthings site to disable and enable z network (under hubs/utilities). Na dah, and I couldn’t even add back any z-wave device I removed.

Yet after a weird hub offline - back online warning yesterday, ST started to see z-wave devices again. (well, only one which I tried to add back) I was able to add back the rest too, although it was still clunky and I had to try multiple times to get them added.

I don’t think it was individual cases. It may be helpful to list the z-devices of the people who suffered the outage. Perhaps there was a culprit that caused the problem.

aeon labs multisensor (gen1)
GE outdoor switch 45604
GE plugin switch 12719
USNAP z-wave module for radio thermostat
SSA1 siren
Evolve LSM-15 wall switch


(Ben W) #7

I had a friend you lost 3 GE switches. He pulled the airgap for a minute on them and they started working again.


(Eric) #8

I do the air gap as well…that is helpful sometimes!


(Steve White) #9

Support also gave me the tip of using the “Replace Device” option which appears for Z-wave devices. I was able to successfully resuscitate all but one GE switch using that option. The last switch needed to be removed and re-added.

Oddly enough, this has only been happening since the last update, up until then I had one device disconnect out of over 200.