GE Switches: Blue LED

I’m trying to get my GE switches back to where the blue LED is on when the switch is off, so you can more easily find the switch at night. They used to be that way (I think it’s the default out of the box), but sometime during the course of integrating them into my SmartThings hub they changed to being on when the switch is on.

I had some success reverting them by going into each switch’s setup, deselecting the “LED on when switch is off” option, reselecting it, and then saving the results. But that didn’t work with every switch.

What’s the correct way to do this?

1 Like

You are doing the correct thing.

I remember having the issue quite some time ago though and unfortunately don’t remember how i fixed it - you are not alone. It may be a good idea to just cut power to the switch or try pulling the air gap to reset them.

2 Likes

LED ParametersTo assist with locating the Smart Switch in a dark room, the LED glows blue when the Smart Switch is turned OFF. To turn LED off/restore

LED:Tap top rocker (ON Switch) 3x quickly and then tap bottom rocker (OFF Switch) 1x. Follow the same series of button presses used to disable the LED to restore

Okay I have similar switches from Dragon Tech. And I want to do the opposite. My switches are inside the front door and control the outdoor path lights. I want the LED to glow when the lights are on. The manual said it could be done, by programming some particular bit. It has the same method mentioned above to use the switch itself to completely disable the led.

Are there any custom device types that anyone knows of that someone has created to control that bit?

manual is available here

this is the section I’m referring to:
About the LED indicator:
By factory default, the LED indicator will be On when the connected appliance is Off, and
vice versa. This setting can be changed by the following methods,

1. Configuration change with a controller(if supported)
    Parameter 3 Length: 1 byte Valid values: 0, 1 or 2 (default 0)
    If value = 0, the LED indicator will be Off when the connected appliance is On, and the LED
    indicator will be On when the connected appliance is Off
    If value = 1, the LED indicator will be On when the connected appliance is On, and the LED
    indicator will be Off when the connected appliance is Off
    If value = 2, the LED indicator will be always Off regardless of the load status

Thanx, Kato, but I just tried this and, at least on my GE switch, it didn’t change the status of the blue LED.