I bought a couple of these from an estate sale and found very little comprehensive information on how to get them included at my house.
I tried several methods of setup including the factory reset (hold the button for 3 sec while plugging it in) with no avail. It was getting very frustrating.
Finally I was able to piece together things from 2 posts to get them to work. Here is what worked for me:
- From the home page in the ST app, select the three lines in the upper left corner
- This slides out the menu where you can select “All Devices” (not the “devices” icon)
- Look for your hub in this list and select it
- In the page that comes up, select the three dots in the upper right corner and chooses “Z-Wave utilities”
- Now, choose Z-Wave exclusion. While ST is looking for devices to exclude, reset the 4201 by holding the button down and plugging it in. Hold the button for 3 seconds. Release the button, wait about 3 seconds then normal press it one more time. Leave it plugged in.
For me, ST was able to exclude the device at this point and I was able to add it easily after that by going to the new device option, selecting add a device “by Brand”, selecting “GE”, “Outlet”, “GE Z-Wave” etc.
It’s that “exclusion” that makes it tricky. It’s not real easy to get to in ST and not included in the device documentation.
Hope this helps somebody out, cheers.