Garage Relay and Sensor Problems

I have a garage door relay that is working just fine. I also have a door sensor that is working just fine when I choose that the sensor is attached to a conventional door during setup.

As soon as I change the setting from conventional door to garage door and tie it in with the garage relay it no longer works as expected. I can still open and close the garage door as normal with the relay, but the sensor always shows as open.

I figured that there was a problem with the sensor so I deleted the sensor from my setup and used a brand new one. Same exact thing occurred. After this failure I attempted to use the new sensor on a conventional door. It worked perfeclyt fine.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong or if this is a feature that is no longer working.

What kind of sensor are you using?

I am using a the following sensor and relay for the garage:

Evolve LFM-20 Fixture Module
SmartSense Multi Sensor

I have a tilt sensor on my garage door in the last three or four days it’s saying that it opens and closes when it’s not I have it set up to text me when the garage door opens and closes sometimes it will text me for for 10 minutes saying it’s open then within a couple seconds It will say it’s closedThe battery is it 100% has been working for a couple months with no problems

Not really sure how you tie the sensor to the relay. Doesn’t the multi sensor uses a magnet for open and closed?

Possible you moved a repeater and it’s out of range? I know there was a platform update a couple of days ago so there could be a hicup. How about unplug your hub for 30 mins and see if that will help.

Not really sure how you tie the sensor to the relay. Doesn’t the multi sensor uses a magnet for open and closed?

This is a feature in SmartThings for the sensor when you select Garage Door in the setup.

Unless you are using the tilt funtion. Why don’t you just use the conventional door setup instead? You will still have the same alert as the garage door. I tested the garage door setup and you are right. It works 2 out of 10 tries. You should report to supports. I already did and hope they will fix it.

I originally bought a SmartSense Multi Sensor for my garage door… The device simply did not have the range to get to my garage which is 2 floors below my hub. I then (foolishly) tried to use a Z-Wave open close sensor. That was pretty unreliable too. The Ecolink tilt sensor is what I use now and it has worked 100% of the time (knock on wood).

ST supports confirmed that app is using the tilt function and not the magnetic open/close so you might want to check the mounting location of the sensor.

That is the solution:

ST supports confirmed that app is using the tilt function and not the magnetic open/close so you might want to check the mounting location of the sensor.

I was testing at my desk before I mounted it up. As soon as I mounted it up it worked as expected. Thanks!