Garage Doors for Linear Controller

(Mike Kelley) #1

I’m in need of a new garage door, but I want it to be compatible with the Linear controller I have. I know none of the MyQ technology works, but am I safe in assume that any Linear opener will work with their controller?

Chamberlain also makes a wifi opener, but I don’t see it supported by SmartThings so I suspect that isn’t possible (but it’s amazing how hard it is to find anyone who sells the Linear and also installs it).

(Ben Lebson) #2

The linear garage door controller needs an opener that allows a wired button to control the motor. It uses the same connection that one of those wall mounted wired openers would use.

I have an Iris Linear controller connected to my Chamberlain opener and it works great so far. Picked it up for 20 bucks on clearance at a local Lowes, so even better.

The newer MyQ openers will not work with the Linear device. There’s a pdf on their website of incompatible models.

(Mike Kelley) #5

Yeah, it’s a pretty simple determination, since all the MyQ stuff is wireless (and thus no wired ports to actually control the motor).

I ended up getting a nice Linear belt-drive one that works fine with the Linear controller.