I am currently using the ST app only to communicate to a Konnected fully rewired house alarm system and some wireless Wyze motion and door sensors all tied together with a really nice ActionTiles interface. I would like to add on my 4 First Alert Z-combo smoke/Co2 detectors into my system for monitoring, but it looks like they will only talk to a hub, and not the ST app on its own (which I didn’t realize when I bought them). Do I have any options for adding these w/o buying a hub? Thanks in advance for any help.
No you dont. You need something that speaks ZWave
Any suggestions for what hub to get? Since the Samsung ones are no longer available are there any cheap ones that you recommend to just talk to these 4 devices?
Samsung.com had the V3 in stock yesterday for $69. May be out of stock by now though
Could I get away with a used V2 or some other cheaper hub? I just hate paying $70 to see the status remotely for my smoke detectors since they will be the only devices that require the hub
Absolutely. I run my First alerts on a V2 hub and have no problems with them at all. Just so you know , you will need to press the test button every 2-3 months to refresh the battery level. They seem to have trouble refreshing the level on their own