Connecting a First Alert Fire and Carbon monoxide Alarms

Ok, So i live in the US I have four First Alert Fire and Carbon Monoxide detectors in my home, I have had all of them connected to Smarthings before I have a V3 hub. About two months ago I woke up to EVERYTHING on my hub disconnected. I had to reboot my hub, now I can’t get any of my First Alerts to reconnect. I have factory reset each of them, I have excluded them. And I have had them trying to connect sitting right next to the hub. Are there update device handlers I need? Can anyone help

you did a GENERAL EXCLUDE from the NEW HUB v3? before pairing to new hub?

That worked for my old Zcombo’s. They were just recognized as the existing type “Z-Wave Smoke Alarm”

How do I Dow a general exclude

I do believe I have them excluded, THey are not showing up anywhere in my IDE. I have even Manualy reset them and, still can’t get Smartthings to go any further then “preparing” before I get Something went wrong, it looks like we couldn’t connect. Try again or reset the device

You should still try an exclude. Go to your hub tile>settings>zwave utilities>exclude, then remove batteries from the alarm, press the button and hols for 3 seconds after pushing the batteries back in…give it a few seconds and it should say one device excluded

1 Like