Find Out What caused device to turn on?

Recently one of my light bulbs taken to turning itself on at random (often in times that no one is around to do so manually). It is an old GE Zigbee bulb, so might be just going bad - but I also have a number of automations connected to it, and number of other services that may control it, so who knows.

I am wondering if there is a way to find out what triggered the switch change? In the history in app I just get “switch: on” and looking at “global” history for the site, previous even was a few minutes earlier. Besides catching it in “Live Log” is there a place I can get more info?

Thanks,

UPDATE: As I wrote this, I looked at list of HUB events and found a zbjoin event at exact time it is listed as turned on - that may be my answer

zbjoin: {“dni”:“E042”,“d”:“…”,“capabilities”:“0E”,“endpoints”:[{“simple”:“01 0104 0101 02 07 0000 0003 0004 0005 0006 0008 1000 01 0019”,“application”:“04”,“manufacturer”:“GE_Appliances”,“model”:“ZLL Light”}],“parent”:“FFFF”,“joinType”:15,“joinDurationMs”:642,“joinAttempts”:1}

1 Like

That would probably be it. Most Zigbee bulbs default on when they rejoin or update firmware.

Not much you can do about it except keep working towards a strong mesh network.

1 Like

Weird that it is suddenly happening to a single bulb (there are two in the fixture) - but I am guessing the bulb is going bad…

As someone who once, not too long ago, worked on building a Zigbee Mesh for industrial “IoT-ish” devices (not HA, but still Zigbee Mesh) - a “strong mesh network” seems to be an oxymoron :smiley:

1 Like