Fibaro smoke sensor not reporting temp

On the box, there’s a label say V2/5 EU.
On the back of the sensor FGSS-001

Only the 002 model is supported by Smartthings

Putting the official support aside, we are here for unofficial support. It can connect to SmartThings, so there must be way to parse the message from the sensor.

I give you a simple example, the official handler for Fibaro motion sensor don’t support update of parameters, I added the functionality into the handler.

So I hope it’s the same case for the smoke sensor.

Ahh, I see. The original problem in this thread was for the 002. Maybe you should create a new thread asking for 001 support.

By the way @Tyler I am still not able to update the settings from the app on my 002 smoke sensor. I have to use the configuration button in the IDE simulator to get it to take the settings. Any solution for this?

Sorry to revive an old thread, @Tyler … but I got a problem with my Fibaro smoke sensor…

There’s a parameter that sets off the siren once the temperature exceeds the preset threshold, however this parameter is unfortunately disabled by default by Fibaro as per their website below…

FIBARO Smoke Sensor has an additional function of informing of exceeding the programmed temperature threshold. The function is disabled by default in parameter 2 settings.

I couldn’t find a device handler for the smoke sensor either… any idea how to get this activated?

I think that’s supported by default in our device preferences.

Here’s the Device Type Handler:

Here’s the relevant section:

input "temperatureThreshold", "number", title: "Overheat Temperature Threshold", description: "Available settings: 0 or 2-100 C", range: "0..100", displayDuringSetup: true
 input "excessTemperatureSignalingInterval", "enum", title: "Excess Temperature Signaling Interval",
            options: ["5 minutes", "15 minutes", "30 minutes", "1 hour", "6 hours", "12 hours", "18 hours", "24 hours"], defaultValue: "${excessTemperatureSignalingInterval}", displayDuringSetup: true

Thanks @Tyler, however the siren won’t sound off once the temperature threshold has been exceeded… any idea which part of the code should i fix?

Tried everything, but my Fibaro (002) EU versions are not reporting any temperature, and not accepting any configurations. Totally confused, and lost all faith in a viable soluions. I have 7 of these installed, but none working as expected.

Did you ever get these work? I’m having major issues with them.