I don’t know if it’s something to do with my wiring or whether it’s software. Here’s my setup (all using the same spec wiring). In a nutshell, my central heating is controlled via a zwave boiler switch, multiple DS18b20s, and 7 zwave radiator TRVs all connected via smartthings and webcore to set heating schedules. Essentially, if front room temp is supposed to be at 22 degs at 7pm, but the front room’s probe says it’s less than 22 degs, the trv opens, the boiler fires up, heats the front room and webcore rechecks the temps every few mins until the probe reads more than 22 degs (at which point the boiler/TRV is switched off).
(All fibaro’s mounted in ground floor ‘workshop’- initially powered by a single 12v 10amp DC PSU)
Fibaro UBS 1, 8m total wire running from workshop to rest of ground floor…i.e. low hallway, downstairs bathroom, utility and workshop (4 probes)
Fibaro Smart implant, 12m total wire running from workshop to 1st floor…i.e. mid hallway, frontroom, kitchen (3 probes)
Fibaro UBS, 16m total wire running from workshop to 2nd floor…i.e. top hallway, bedroom1, bedroom2, top bathroom, top hallway (4 probes)
I’ve been having odd disconnects , but only ever with the mid floor (i.e the smart implant). The top floor (the furthest away!) has been rock solid, no problems. Now from experience, odd intermittent issues tend to be down to power issues, so yesterday I used a separate 12v 2a PSU to power the implant on the mid floor.
oops. again, a disconnect in the early hours, only solved after a power cycle this morning just after 7am. During the disconnect, all probes on the mid floor registered zero degrees (see following image, just showing the frontroom ds18b20):
Now to be honest, I generally don’t get a lot of time although at the minute I’ve got more time on my hands because of lockdown. So on and off I’ve probably been on with this project for months and now it’s just starting to feel like a huge waste of time. The amount of time and energy that’s gone into this is fairly insane, and whenever I feel like I’ve got it cracked, I’ll check in to see that the central heating has gone tits up again because the probes have randomly dropped out.
I’m wondering if there’s any chance that this is down to software, as the other two floors seem just fine (both using UBS’s, not implant).
Any feedback most welcome ! = ) I’m close to just buying another UBS (sacking off the implant), but it’d be great if I could find out what’s going on, I hate unsolved problems! =P