Fibaro Single Switch 2 no longer responds to status (January 2020)

Hi there,

I just bought the ST Hub (IM6001-V3P22) today and have been trying to add my Fibaro devices. I’m on the 000.028.00012 firmware version.

I followed the instructions to include my Fibaro Dimmer 2 devices. A bit slow but they seem to work fine.

Fibaro Motion Sensors works fine. Fast inclusion and quick feedback.

For my Fibaro Switch 2 devices the inclusion process is super slow (a couple of minutes). The devices show up as “Execution Location: Cloud” compared to Local for all of the other devices. Whatever state the Fibaro Switch 2 is in when included it gets stuck there – on/off. It’s possible to turn devices off when stuck in on state and the other way around. However if stuck in on state you cannot turn it on. Same for off.

This is what I get in the Live Log for a Fibaro Switch 2 device stuck in on mode:

warn Received a multichannel event from an unsupported channel
debug Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Parsed MultiChannelCmdEncap MeterReport(scale2: false, scale: 2, rateType: 1, precision: 1, meterValue: [0, 0], deltaTime: 0, meterType: 1, size: 2, scaledPreviousMeterValue: 0.0, scaledMeterValue: 0.0, previousMeterValue: [0, 0])
debug Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Parsed: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 0, parameter: [33, 50, 0, 0, 0, 0], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 2, commandClass: 50, bitAddress: false)
debug Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Parsing: zw device: 11, command: 600D, payload: 01 00 32 02 21 32 00 00 00 00 

warn Received a multichannel event from an unsupported channel
debug Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Parsed MultiChannelCmdEncap SwitchBinaryReport(value: 0)
debug Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Parsed: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 0, parameter: [0], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 3, commandClass: 37, bitAddress: false)
debug Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Parsing: zw device: 11, command: 600D, payload: 01 00 25 03 00

The error message Received a multichannel event from an unsupported channel seem to be the one introduced in the Pull Request mentioned earlier in this thread.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can assist with to get this fixed.

Hi! Does your Dimmer 2’s update status currectly even when switched on/off/dimmed using the physical (S1) button? This is where all my dimmers start breaking down; only using them though the app is usially fine, but changing status using physical switch does not update status in app.

Regarding local/cloud execution - i thing this is to be expected. If I’m not mistaken its only dimmer and perhaps one or two other Fibaro devices that are supposed to run in local. Rest use cloud.

Update:

This is live logging from using my Dimmer 2:

02be600a-52e6-4083-a0b8-… 09:01:56: debug Unhandled: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 1, parameter: [4, 34, 0, 0], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 5, commandClass: 49, bitAddress: false)

02be600a-52e6-4083-a0b8-… 09:01:46: debug Unhandled: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 1, parameter: [4, 34, 0, 99], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 5, commandClass: 49, bitAddress: false)

02be600a-52e6-4083-a0b8-… 09:01:45: debug Unhandled: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 1, parameter: [0], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 3, commandClass: 38, bitAddress: false)

02be600a-52e6-4083-a0b8-… 09:01:34: debug Unhandled: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 1, parameter: [4, 34, 0, 204], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 5, commandClass: 49, bitAddress: false)

02be600a-52e6-4083-a0b8-… 09:01:30: debug Unhandled: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 1, parameter: [4, 34, 0, 221], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 5, commandClass: 49, bitAddress: false)

02be600a-52e6-4083-a0b8-… 09:01:29: debug Unhandled: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 1, parameter: [3], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 3, commandClass: 38, bitAddress: false)

Unfortunately I dont get any Live Logging for my Fibaro Wall Plugs. No log while working normally, and no log when in stuck mode… :confused: Same for all 8 plugs, which are all experincing “stuck status” issues as described above…

I was hoping we would have heard something by now what’s going on with our dimmers :confused: I’m hesitant to buy anymore at the moment.

Yes, same here. In my case however is almost more of a problem with the 8 or so Fibaro Wall Plugs (EU) that gets “stuck” in ON/OFF mode. :frowning: The Dimmers seem to always accept commands from scenes and/or webcore, even when they get stuck reporting the incorrect status.

The wall plugs on the other hand, if they get stuck - they get STUCK. Reporting OFF, but stuck in ON (or vice versa) - and wont change regardless of the type of commands I send their ways… Usually “unsticks” after a few hours…

This is real bad :frowning: Would be nice if someone from ST acknowledged the issue, so we knew if it was even worth the wait :thinking:

Fortunately I went with zigbee and bought ikea plugs which have been perfect so far but as I am in the UK there aren’t many lighting options so I went with fibaro as I was led to believe they were a good brand and worked well with smartthings and were popular, I am surprised there aren’t more people having problems it seems like only a handful of us. I also emailed support and have had no reply it’s been over a week. :pensive:

Yeah, Ive got 2x Ikea plugs as well - and they work flawlessly. Seeing how I’m in Sweden, it would be un-patriotic not to at least try them out :sweat_smile: …Too bad they look like :poop: - or it would have been a no brainer for me to go all in on them…

Mine are hidden so doesn’t matter what they look like to me :rofl:
I’ve just had a reply email from smartthings after I wrote that last post, would you believe :smirk:

Anyway they are looking into it but are very busy and apologised, I’m guessing they are busy with the migration to the knew app.

Oooh, life signs. Progress :slight_smile: Lets hope for the best then!

And yeah, I assume the migration is a huge pain (on borth sides of the fence). I’m glad I entered on the new app so I wont have to take part of it :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Just a quick comment to the above posted logs.

The device sends a message from endpoint 1, that is unhandled in the DH, as it expects messages only from endpoint 0.

If you could describe how you set up the Switch / Dimmer, where is your physical switch connected, etc. That might would help the developer at ST to investigate why the heck are those devices sending messages from endpoint 1.

Sure thing!

I have 4 Dimmer 2’s connected using the following diagrams:

One is using a “single switch” setup (left), whereas the other three are using a “double switch” setup (right). They all have neutral connected, as in the diagram. In the case of the single switch, physical button is connected to S1. In the case of the double physical 1 is connected to S1, and physical 2 to S2.

They all report the same errors while triggered from the ST app:

However, while triggering them from the physical S1 switch, I do not get any error messages in the Live Log. No messages at all actually. Same thing when triggering scenes using the S2 switch on the three Dimmers connected using double switch - no error logs, and scenes executed successfully.

Lets hope this helps!

@FishFlu can you post all the Data and Raw Description, I tink you only posted partial info before. And what’s the exact model number of this Fibaro?

@FishFlu, If I understand correctly, you are using S2 as a scene controller? What have you set up with the parameters?

Ok, just to clarify things.

What kind of switch are you using? Momentary? Toggle? Rocket? (It is also called roller blind controller.)

What S1 is programmed for? What S2 is programmed for?

What method have you used to adjust the parameters? Zwave Device Tweaker?

@steven.green, any idea why are those devices reporting any status from sourceEndpoint 1?

So far, the Switch 2 sends MultiChannel message with sourceEndpoint 1, what cannot be handled with the current if sourceEndpoint == 0, what is a reasonable condition.

The Dimmer Switch 2 sends also MultiChannel encapsulated messages and also with sourceEndpoint 1. More interestingly the destinationEndpoint is 1 as well, is that correct?

Is the Firmware development on a downhill at Fibaro or have they changed something with some newer firmwares and that’s why all these happening?

@wecc, could you please confirm that your device is definitely a Fibaro Single Switch 2 and not a Fibaro Dual Switch 2?

Could you please provide some more information how is your switch connected? What parameters have you set etc?

The issue with the unhandled messages, that they are coming from source endpoint 1, the DH was written that way, that is excepts only messages from endpoint 0.

The question is why your device sends message from endpoint 1?

All the messages logged there are related to on and off states and power metering report. The device seems to work well, but it is clue why it sends the message with that endpoint.

S2 is a scene controller in the 3 devices using the S2. S2 is not connected (physically) not used for anything in the one configured witha single button. All four experience the issue, so it seems (to me) un-related to the scene configuration.

S1 is not programmed. It simply triggers the on/off/dimming of the connectedd lights (default mode).

The parameters looks like this (only change made is to activate scene in 3 out of the 4 dimmers):

Parameters were adjusted through ST web interface (above interface). But only for 3 dimmers as stated above. 4th remain untouched to this date - still with the same issues though.

Switch type is (as seen above) default on all dimmers, which equates to “momentary switch”:

And they are all connected to momentary switches from Elko (Plus).

Let me know if you need anything else!

Here you go:

Data

• meshInfo: {“route”: [{“type”: “DEVICE”, “deviceId”: “08”}], “metrics”: {}, “updatedTime”: “2020-02-19_09:41:18”}
  • networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S0_LEGACY

Raw Description

• zw:Ls type:1101 mfr:010F prod:0102 model:1000 ver:3.05 zwv:4.24 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,59,73,22,31,32,71,56,98,7A sec:20,5A,85,26,8E,60,70,75,27 secOut:2B role:05 ff:8600 ui:8600 epc:2

Product name: Fibaro Dimmer 2 ZW5
Model number: FGD-212 ZW5 v3.5

It’s pretty clear what the issue is, you’ve yet to configure the dimmer. You haven’t set anything to default, you’ve left all the parameters blank, apart from scene activation, you need to send the parameters actually to the module so it knows how to behave. Plus you are missing a bunch of info in the data section. If I was you, I’d exclude the device, factory reset it, include it, check its included correctly, use the official DTH to set all the parameters, save, and wait for the DTH to sync all the parameters over to the module.

Data

• applicationSubVersion: 3
  • applicationVersion: 3
  • firmwareChecksum: 8929
  • firmwareId: 0112
  • manufacturerId: 010F
  • manufacturerName: Fibargroup
  • networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S0_LEGACY
  • productId: 1000
  • productTypeId: 0102
  • zWaveLibraryType: 03
  • zWaveProtocolSubVersion: 5
  • zWaveProtocolVersion: 4

@FishFlu, try this DH:

@Alwas, you are right that the device hasn’t been synced yet, as none of the parameters has been changed. If any of the parameters would have been changed, then that would trigger the updated() method and that would sync the data.
But the other 3 should have different parameters as the scene controller option has been activated, the parameter edited and that device should have ran updated() and done the syncing.