Fibaro Single Switch 2 no longer responds to status (January 2020)

Just tried it. Works much better! Delay is much better, and no debug/error messages in Live Log.

The problem where physically pressing the S1 switch (turning on/off the light) not updating the status of the device back to the app persists, though.

Any ideas there? :thinking:

Thanksā€¦ I will try this with one of the dimmers asap and see if it solves the remaining issues Iā€™m facingā€¦

Change any of the parameters in the App to force the device to update and run a sync. It might help.

I have some other doubts regarding the Fibaro DHs, but suddenly and I cannot give you a complete answer why it is not reporting.

Thanks,

The status updates for on/off and dimming are by far improved with your device handler, so itā€™s a good start.

Let me know if you want me to test something else!

UPDATE: With your DTH the Dimmer 2 actuallyt DO report the correct status when physically triggering the switch as well. It seem to work about 9 out of 10 times, sometime getting stuck in the incorrect state. But this is miles better than before, when the status was never updated when using the switch physically. Im starting to see the light in the tunnel over here :hugs:

ā€¦now if the Fibaro EU Plugs could only get the same treatment :innocent:

1 Like

@steven.green, is there any particular reason, why only the Double Switch 2 has this code only? Shouldnā€™t all the other DHs force the groupingIdentifier? (Seeing the issue, that for some reason these devices do use MultiChannel encapsulation. Or is it just a matter of the Zwave inclusion by ST, where multichannelassociation set some incorrect way? I am just guessingā€¦)

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.multichannelassociationv2.MultiChannelAssociationReport cmd) {
	def cmds = []
	if (cmd.groupingIdentifier == 1) {
		if (cmd.nodeId != [0, zwaveHubNodeId, 1]) {
			log.debug "${device.displayName} - incorrect MultiChannel Association for Group 1! nodeId: ${cmd.nodeId} will be changed to [0, ${zwaveHubNodeId}, 1]"
			cmds << zwave.multiChannelAssociationV2.multiChannelAssociationRemove(groupingIdentifier: 1)
			cmds << zwave.multiChannelAssociationV2.multiChannelAssociationSet(groupingIdentifier: 1, nodeId: [0,zwaveHubNodeId,1])
		} else {
			logging("${device.displayName} - MultiChannel Association for Group 1 correct.","info")
		}
	}
	if (cmds) { [response(encapSequence(cmds, 1000))] }
}

Wait for ST to come back with a proper solution. I am happy that I could help temporarily.

But this issue has some underlying reason probably, what needs to be identified and fixed.

None of these devices should use MultiChannel encapsulation by default, this is something new. And they shouldnā€™t report from sourceEndPoint 1, and should not report to destinationEndPoint 1, I believe.

I am not a zwave guru, but it doesnā€™t seem to be right.

Hey I can confirm your device handler is also working for me on my fibaro dimmer 2.
When I switched status on the app and at the switch on the wall it updates immediately.

:grinning::+1:

No, it does not :slightly_frowning_face: When using the physical button I do not get any updates in the ST app for my Fibaro Dimmer 2 devices.

Thank you for clarifying the local/cloud part!

Yes. I have multiple Fibaro Switch 2 devices and they all behave the same. From the packaging: ā€œSingle Switch 2 FGS-213 ZW5 v3.2ā€

These devices have been installed for a couple of years now as Iā€™ve been using other controllers: OpenHAB/HASS/Indigo Domo (using Aeon Z-Stick) SW based ones and Homey HW based one. I do have a few Fibaro Dual Switch 2 too and Iā€™m confident in telling them apart.

The three Fibaro Switch 2 devices Iā€™ve been testing with are all connected in the simplest way possible. A single momentary switch on S1 and one fixture on Q, as in the first diagram shown:

The Fibaro Switch 2 devices were factory reset before included in ST so all settings (except 20. Switch Type that I changed to Momentary) should be the default values.

Sorry for replying before reading the full thread.

@GSzabados I too can confirm that your DH works WAY better for my Fibaro Dimmer 2 devices. Feedback is way quicker both when using the app and the physical switches. :pray:

The Fibaro handlers were written by Fibaro (a long time ago).

On our side, weā€™ve since incorporated some default association (and multi-channel association) code into our device join process, largely to eliminate having to include this kind of boilerplate in every DTH.

Will this be a temporary thing using gszabados device handler, will we eventually be able to use the official one again as it works locally?

1 Like

Everything was fine before 0.28 update. Now I have 3 ā€œSingle Switch 2ā€ devices operates wrong, which is Z-wave Plus devices.

Temporary solution is to change device type to ā€œDouble Switch 2ā€ and delete CH2 device from the list in ST app, it works ok.

I have just got myself my first single switch 2 and found the device handler not working so I am also having to use double switch 2 device handler :frowning_face:

Hi,

Did this get fixed, I just received my first Fibaro Single Switch 2 and am having the same issue showing the status in the SmartThings app?

Nope I tried it again recently still not fixed having to use double switch 2 device handler and just ignore or delete the extra switch button.

Thanks - if I do that it doesnā€™t seem to show status of the physical switch, but does work properly for smartthings controlled in the app, my use case needs to know physical switch state, did you see the same?

No sorry mine works with the physical switch and the app and updates status nearly instantly, maybe you should try excluding your switch and reset it completely.

Adam- thanks- all sorted - works fine in this way in the new style SmartThings app, but not in classic. Hopefully the DTH is fixed at some point

2 Likes

Hi Steven

Any progress on this as I have just installed 3 Fabaro Dimmer 2ā€™s and am also experiencing the issue with the status not syncing with the app.

Many Thanks