Fibaro RGBW Controller (DTH link in post 32, police light smartapp link in post 79)

Yes. It would be really great if we could change this but I thing @twack said this is not configurable. Fibaro would have to change it.

I’d read that from @twack - just making sure my LEDs weren’t duff! Thanks for confirming. I’ll have to imagine there’s a load of copper filings on the fire.

It’s true, the preset animations are baked in at a firmware level and can’t be modified. The fireplace is definitely a bit green!

Not sure how it works in Smart Things, but Fibaro gives you a wizard to make new ones:

Anyone confirm if something similar exists in ST?

1 Like

I can say something like that doesn’t exist in ST, at this time. Though I really like the thought of it!

I’ve included a Fibaro RGBW Controller to my smart hub which works very well once I had selected ‘Fibaro RGBW Controller’ as the device Type in Edit Device. I need to change some of the parameters from the Fibaro default for the button actions and so want to create a custom Device Type. However I could not find the Fibaro RGBW Controller available as a template in the create Device Type/Handler/Smartdevice - From Template options.

Where can I get the current code that is being used for the standard Fibaro RGBW Controller Device type to develop my custom Device Type from?

Eric, please explain your fix for the Fibaro controller app crashing all the time. everytime i enter it crashes! I’ve tried changing the device handler to beta 3, but it still crashes, it was working great for the first 3 days. changing the code is too complicated, can someone create a working device handler for this please.

Can you look at the device in the IDE and see if there are any “null” values under “Current States”? That was my problem. Changing the code is the only way I know how to fix it. Removing the device from your Z-Wave network and re-adding it will probably fix the issue as well. Have you given that a shot?

Thanks, I did have a “null” value and removing and re-adding the device allowed me to enter the app finally without it crashing. At first I set it to the “beta 3”, but it wouldn’t hold onto it’s last colour when turning on/off. So I’m back on “Fibaro rgbw Controller”, and it’s performing well so far!

Ever since the latest ST update, ive been having issues with my device type. I cant change any color intensity and only have WW and blue light. The colored buttons in the app for red, green, blue, and white (lefthand side) are unresponsive.

Ive looked at my connections and have even repaired z wave, and unplugged my fibaro for several minutes to see if that helps…it didnt.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Edut: none of the bottom “scene” buttons are responsive either.

Just checked mine and everything seems to be working fine.

Yes, same - it’s been fine consistently for the past couple of weeks.

Well, Damn. I guess I can try to re-paste the device type code, and hope that works.

The only things Ive added in the past couple weeks are the Aeon minimote and the IRIS button, but I cant see how those devices could affect the Fibaro device type.

I’m thinking buying “Fibaro FGRGBWM-441 RGBW Controller”, but can someone tell me how do i had to ST Things, because in Marktplace > Light Bulds, is not there (at least in the UK server).

“Fibaro RGBW Controller” is still for submit?

If i need to install in the “Create Device”, what settings it will be in the ,

Zigbee Id // Device Network Id * , where can i find that values

The code from twack’s page, can i copy to “New SmartApp” ?

Sorry for the “newbie questions”.

Thank you.

1 Like

Uh…This is weird.

Went into IDE and when I “saved” the code again. Nothing changed but I noticed there was an “edit” next to my device type. I compared the code from published to draft, and saw that most of the controls were struck through…hence my issues.

The kicker? When I went to publish the code, it was the original code with the old setup (off button, with slider next to it, the hollow color wheel, and all the scenes and different buttons below the wheel). Also, its showing up as the smartapp being created by Smartthings…not @twack .

Im going to attempt to copy the beta 3 code into IDE, but this was all new things that has happened since the update early this week.

I cant believe Im the only one having these issues.

Edit: This worked and now I have normal control of the app. In case someone else has this issue.

@Mike_Maxwell and @johnny2678

l noted your earlier exhange about adding a light switch to just be able to turn the fibaro on and off and leaving all the colour selection to the app.

I have just successfully completed installing RGBWW strips under my kitchen plinths. I have hooked up the fibaro and it was recognised instantly. The app (thanks @twack) works great and I can control everything fine.

What I CANNOT seem to figure out is how I connect a damn light switch!

I have both three position momentary and toggle switches available to me, but I cannot find any good information on how to connect these to IN1 - IN4 and what I need to configure in the device handler to get a basic on/off function working. My GF will not tollerate a kitchen rig where she cannot turn the lights off with a switch!

Can anyone help? I have scoured this forum for what feels like weeks and so now I’m posting. Any assistance would be deeply appreciated!

Here are some diagrams from the manual that should explain things. You need to hook a switch up so that IN1 is connected to the load on the switch and the line on the switch is connected to ground. Do this for each switch IN1-IN4 if you want to control multiple channels.

Then you need to change configuration parameter 14 to how you want the inputs to act based on this document. Fibaro

Most likely you will want to set parameter 14 to 2222 HEX (or 8738 decimal) if you have a momentary switch or 5555 HEX (21845 decimal) if you have a toggle switch. This will make it so that if you hook a switch up to any of the inputs it will simply turn off the device or turn on the device to its last setting. If you have a momentary switch you can hold it down to dim or brighten. If you have 4 switches and want to control RGBW separately, then you would probably just leave it at its default value of 1111 HEX (4369 decimal) for momentary or change it to 4444 HEX (17476 decimal) for toggle.

Clear as mud?

1 Like

Can someone please help with this?

Like i say before i’m thinking buying the Fibaro RGBW, but frist i like to know if its going to work. (still waiting for Logitech Harmony to work in the UK server)

I have copy the code from beta 3, to “from code” , then create, but i get this message >

No signature of method: script14536370304541016524800.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script14536370304541016524800$_run_closure1) values: [script14536370304541016524800$_run_closure1@43b42ff6] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Any idea why that is happening?

Thank you

You posted that code in the"my device handler" and not the “smartapps” section of the IDE, right?

@Turb02

The first time i was using the “smartapps” section >

Didn’t work

If i use the

It work :slight_smile:

Guessing that now i only need Fibaro RGBW to show in “Things”

Thank you for the info.

1 Like

I thought I’d share something interesting. I found that I can reliably cause my v2 hub to have issues if I assign an incorrect device type to my Fibaro RGBW device. I’m currently using the beta 3 device type and was looking for something more reliable for the control. Even though I knew there was a good chance that the other RGBW device types out there wouldn’t work I thought I’d give it a shot in case I found something unexpected. I definitely did - after trying other device types my hub forgot how to do many things, such as connect a new device (it would never go into discovery mode), control lights (I couldn’t even manually switch a light on/off from the app), etc.

I’m not sure where the root cause lies but I thought it would be interesting to share.

1 Like