Fibaro RGBW Controller (DTH link in post 32, police light smartapp link in post 79)

This seemed like an interesting challenge, so I gave it a go. Linked below is the GitHub for a Virtual Fibaro RGBW, which is just the @wackware device with the zwave removed, parse emptied, and a couple extra events for the SmartApp to subscribe; and a small SmartApp to mimic the virtual commands out to to a group of real slave Fibaros. I don’t actually have any of the strips yet, so I was testing using the virtual device code linked and two Fibaros devices with no physical device.

1 Like

@Sticks18 @wackware or somebody else who has this answer this question? I can’t see well today, and I don’t have this device, so I’m not sure what’s going on.

He’s saying he tried to associate with the Minimote but now big switch won’t Dim, it will only turn on and off.

One thing I will mention, is that association works backwards from what a lot of people think. When you do the button presses you need to do Minimote, target, trigger. So if you’re turning a lamp on from a motion sensor, for example, the sequence is Minimote, lamp, sensor.

And of course both devices have to support the wave Association.

Anyway, I don’t have the fibaro, and I can’t read the docs today, but that someone else might Be able to help.

Thanks for trying to help @JDRoberts. I just wanted to add when I change the device type of the fibaro to a dimmer switch the big switch app then dims. Also when I tried to associate I did associate in the correct order as jdroberts pointed out and the Minimote light shows a proper association however the dimmer switch does nothing when I dim/turn on/off. Has anybody else tried to associate the fibaro and have success? The fibaro has so many options I’m not sure what the association is controlling. Maybe this is configurable in the device type?

Thanks for any help you can offer

I just purchased an RGB+WW (Warm White) LED strip. Hooked it up to the Fibaro RGBW controller. Using the Fibaro controller device type supplied above in this thread I see no change between “Soft White”, “Daylight”, “Warm White” and “White”. All four of these “presets” have the same RGB lights on a cool white color and the WW LEDs aren’t on. Any suggestions?

can you post installation instructions for a novice?

I tried to add a new SmartApp in the ST IDE and got the following error:
No signature of method: script14345866584781584831286.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script14345866584781584831286$_run_closure1) values: [script14345866584781584831286$_run_closure1@31eff4b0] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Similar error when trying to install the virtual:
No signature of method: script14345863587431657176927.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script14345863587431657176927$_run_closure1) values: [script14345863587431657176927$_run_closure1@21936a68] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Were you trying to install a smartapp or a device type?

1 Like

What lights did you use? I need a ton of lights to do all of our cabinets and I was thinking of using:

These lights will be used:

1. Built-in 7’ x 6’ china cabinet
  2. Counter tops
  3. Upper cabinets with Glass doors

SUPERNIGHT DC24V 10M 5050 Flexible RGB LED Strip Light Kit, 32.8ft LED Tape, 600 Units 5050 LEDs, Non-waterproof LED Light Strips + 24V 5A Power Adapter + 44Key IR Remote Controller by SUPERNIGHT

Unable to get my lights to work.

If I use the original controller that came with the lights, they work.When I connect the Fabario unit in place of the original controller, the lights don’t work.

This is what I did:

1. Install Device Type = “smartthings-devices/fibaro-rgbw-controller.groovy”
  2. Connected Fabario controller to power supply via connector
  3. Added my Fabario controller to SmartThings
  4. Plugged my LED lights into Fabario controller
  5. From phone, turned on Fabario controller

These are the lights I have, SUPERNIGHT DC24V 10M 5050 Flexible RGB LED Strip Light Kit, 32.8ft LED Tape, 600 Units 5050 LEDs, Non-waterproof LED Light Strips + 24V 5A Power Adapter + 44Key IR Remote Controller by SUPERNIGHT

no luck.

Found my issue.

The White wire from the lights needs to tied with the “12/24 VDC”. This video is pretty good explaining how I got to this.

1 Like

Below is finally a video link to my pool light install using the Fibaro RGBW Controller. The lights along the top of the pool are two RGBW strips wired together while the waterfall lights are two 24" rgb lights.

When the waterfalls are off, I typically use the controller slider to remove the “color” from the LEDs. This basically turns off the waterfall lights and just leaves the white lights on behind the pool. That way they match the landscape lighting. I have them come on at sunset and go off at midnight, The landscape lights are controlled by my pool automation controller, so they are separate from the Fibaro system. All in all, I think it works pretty well. Now I just need to convert the pool light from halogen to RGB or RGBW LED to get the colors to all sync up.

https://vid.me/2bxO

1 Like

Smartthings + Fibaro + Pool = Way cool pool!
That is awesome.

Can you post falls and pool controller mfg/models?

Thanks

1 Like

Sure, the waterfalls were Brilliant Wonders 24" LED Waterfall. For pool automation I am using the Jandy/Zodiac AquaLink RS 6 Control System RS-P6, and iAquaLink WiFi Interface Kit IQ20-A.

This is awesome!!

Great job @fraserjr

Definitely keep us updated :slight_smile:

Any suggestions on how to active “Flash the Police” LED pattern when SmartAlarm turns on the siren?

Take a look how it is done in this short little app. Let me know if you need any additional info.

1 Like

The device type here is a contactSensor such as a door and I’m not sure how to modify the input to look at the state of a Siren On/Off.

Guys wanted to show you what I have working in my kitchen after the renovation.

Now looking for a switch to turn these on and off for my wife.

4 Likes

Link is not working.

More chars

Uploaded them manually now.

@aroth89,

You got me thinking (thanks, but it hurts LOL) , below is a link to a test version of the device type. It allows you to call switch.white() to turn on only the white LED’s. You can also call switch.daylight() to turn on the RGB’s to mix a white along with turning on the white LED’s.

Here it is:
fibaro rgbw test file

Hi twack… thanks for this great work! I have a couple questions hopefully you can answer before I decide to buy this device.

I am going to use this to control 4 white only LED strips so each color channel will get it’s own strip. I am wanting each strip to be able to be controlled independently. Is the above “test” file what I need to use for this or have you since incorporated the white functionality as what you have submitted to ST?

Looking things over (quickly) it seems like all I will do is call switch.white() / switch.red () / switch.blue() or switch.green() to turn each strip on… correct?

Also, if for instance I have the white strip on and I want to turn on the red strip all I will need to do is call switch.red() and the white strip will still be on at it’s present level correct? Again, just wanting to assure each strip will be independent and no weird deal of the white strip flickering or toggling off while the red strip is turning on/off etc…

Thanks for any help you can give!

2 Likes