Fibaro Relay

Hi All,
I have installed a Fibaro relay for my kitchen ceiling spots, and the second switch is going to be used to tell an RGBW to turn on or off…

So it’s a single relay 3kw and associated fine etc… both switches are momentary (spring)…

Associated fine first time and gave the master device a name and both child devices etc…

My question is in two parts and one is a real problem.

I don’t know what device handler I can use that will allow me to see the child devices and give them a true name, the standard multi-channel device handler isn’t doing that.

Secondly - the switch is only doing something when pushed and held… so if it’s off in smartthings etc, you push the toggle switch and the lights flash on but the moment you release, they go off!!! Vice versa if they are on!

So, any idea on a device handler or the switch issues?

Really much appreciated!

Nick

I don’t have any experience with the Fibaro, but it sounds like the device handler should be configured as a “button” rather than a “switch” if it’s momentary.

Ok - so have gotten my head around this relay and how it cant be used for what I want but, can anyone give me a use case for the second switch? How would you use it?

Nick

I’m being super thick… I guess I don’t understand why that’s any different to what I mentioned earlier?

In the example you gave, the S2 is wired to a physical wall Switch how does it control something else?

It can’t be a scene through smartthings?

Sorry to drag this out!!

Nick

Hey Robin - I am still not over the line with this, and I don’t know why.
However, I achieved what I wanted to in the end…

The end goal was to control a hue ceiling light via a normal UK light switch… all we did, was connect the toggle switches to a relay, hot wire hue to be permanently on then use web core to look for the relay movement and then execute a piston to control hue (with temp changing based on a lux reading) - it works perfectly with no noticeable delay.

As the relay is used but not actually controlling anything, some would argue its over engineered but having tinkered for 12/18 months, this is the BEST fix for Hue control I have so far.

Thanks for the help,
Nick