Fibaro Motion Sensor v3.2 Help

Hey folks, I am trying to configure this device - and Refuse to let it beat me.

I am using the v2 UK hub, and the EU/UK v3.2 device.

I have tried the Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5 handler… and it works.
I would like to change a few of the parameters.

As a pure test i would like to just disable the tamper detection (as this is very easy to check if its worked… just shake it). In the Manual this is Parameter 20, its a single byte value - and from what the manual describes setting it to 0 should disable any notifications for tamper.

So due to the template for Fibaro Motion Sensor being the old version (non 3.2) i found this code.

Which i believe is the latest code for the v3.2 device.

Now the next step is where i am confused, i have seen this code setup in multiple syntax variations.
This is the code i would like to use.

cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 20, size: 1).format()
or
cmds += zwave.configurationV2.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 20, size: 1, configurationValue: [0])

configurationV1 <-- should this be V1 or V2.
configurationValue and ParameterNumber, Is also swapped in the above line of code. Does this matter?

Finally where to add the code above.
From what I’ve read it should be in the: def configure() { } block but does it matter where within this?

Any help would be appreciated, as all the other device handlers outside of the official one have given varying degrees in working.

Updating my own thread for other peoples benefit.

cmds += zwave.configurationV2.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 20, size: 1, configurationValue: [0])
The above syntax is the correct one for v3.2 UK version (can’t comment on US version - guessing its the same).

The method i used which seems to be simple and works.

I have the Fibaro motion sensor found by the hub and use the default Fibaro Motion Detector ZW5 handler from the configure menu on the mobile app.
In the IDE interface: I then copied the above code from GitHub and created a new device handler “from code” (changing the name "definition (name: “Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5”, to: "definition (name: “Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5 Tweaked”,)
I then Saved and Published (for me option).

Then using the simulator (right hand side of the code in your IDE window) selected Home (my hub) then selected the fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5 from the device list and clicked the “install” button (below the devices list). This then installs the new code to the device (replacing the default one).

From here you can see the motion and vibration options changing in the GUI and logging window below.
At this point i then copied and pasted the following:

i placed this under the following: (towards the bottom of the bottom of the code)
cmds += zwave.wakeUpV2.wakeUpNoMoreInformation() <— pasted under this.

You then save and publish again, (this resets the simulator) you must then goto the simulator again, choose your hub, then choose the fibaro device, and install.
Next i then triple clicked the fibaro v3.2 button at the back and pressed the “configure” button on the simulator.
From what I’ve read you have upto 15 seconds to press the configure button from the time you wake up the motion detector (by pressing the back button three times).

To confirm the above worked i shook the device (as i had just turned off the tamper/vibration reporting) and no LEDs flashed (like they did before) and no report/change in the tamper button on the simulator interface,

I’ve since tried a few other parameters and all seem to have stuck and work (good one to test is parameter 80, setting do configurationValue: [21] - makes the sensor LED flash RED on motion. I hope this helps someone else as i wanted to throw the little ping pong looking motion detector through the window more than once before doing the above.

2 Likes

True although all the settings in that post used v1 not v2 which didn’t seem to work for me.

Great post. Excited to get home and see if this works. I’ve been weeks trying to turn of the LED on my 3.2 sensor. Thanks a million for posting.

Try this

Appreaciate the post. I had read many other posts about changing the settings and different device drivers and none worked, probably because they were deprecated by v3.2 When I found this one and tested changing the LED color on motion, I was ecstatic because it worked and I thought I finally had the answer. I then went about collecting all of my config customization for a single update and then the trouble started. I change the LED motion color again (as suggested to confirm the changes had taken), published, installed in the simulator, and configured. Unfortunately for me, the LED color did not change and as best as I can tell, none of the other changes took either. I assumed I made a mistake or had a syntax error. So, I started over with a fresh copy of the default driver and tried to change just the LED motion color again, publish, install, wake, configure. But I got no change. I have tried about 20 times, and I cannot seem to update the device again. Any advice? Maybe some detail I missed? Anyone else run into this?

Thats exactly what I would have hoped for and would be ideal, but I do not
see a place in the app to view or update parameters. Is there a custom
device driver or an update to the default driver to enable this? Attached
is a screen shot from my app for the motion sensor using the default device
driver.

Yes, default SW5 handler for v3.2 of the device. Appreciate the help!

Thank so much! Frustrating that neither SmartThings or Fibaro will publish an official driver that allows the sensor to be configured.

Thanks for all the help. I’ve been trading emails with ST support. Ultimately, they don’t really support the current version of the device, particularly when it comes to the “features I bought this device for” ( their words). At one point they advised me to buy the Fibaro Home Controller to configure my motion sensor. WTF?!!
I wish either of these two manufacturers would own up and make the distinction on the device versions and lack of support for v3.2 of the device

1 Like

Any changes for this device yet? I bought two of them and I’d like to use them as everyone intends to.

These devices are fully configurable using csc’s device handler.
Its what i use.
Do need some guidance?

Yes please, I have added the DH and now the devices have the pending status on the app. What are my next steps, I’m having difficulty finding them. Thank you!

First change the configuration settings to what you want.
If the led is set to ‘blink’ I always change parameter 80 to 0 which turns it off. (From memory). This way I know if the configuration has been taken.
Press button ‘b’ 3 times quickly and the led glows blue. This means the device is in configuration mode.
Now press the configure button in the ST app for the device.
It should take the configuration.
If the led doesn’t come on with motion you know the configuration has been taken.
Give that a try. There is also another way but its more complicated.

Thanks bobbles, I’ll give that a go and report back. I appreciate this very much.

Okay it looks like it took the configuration on both the API website and under the DH on the app’s cog button it shows the things I’ve changed. But it’s still blinking and not showing both tamper or motion. They seem to be off and i’m right next to the Hub.

Edit: They both worked before the DH change on both devices.

@slimshizn Try this way.
In the ide, open the device handler.
Look through the code until you find the section that shows the configuration settings.
They are under this statement.

def resetParams2StDefaults

Change the parameters you want to amend in the code. Also do parameter 80 so you know if its taken.
At the top click save then publish for me.
Now select simulator at the top.
Select ‘Set Location’.
From the drop down that now appears, select you device.
Click on ‘install’.
At this point you can clear the logs window.
Scroll down until you find the resetParams2StDefaults button.
Put the sensor in configuration mode by pressing the B button 3 times and the led glows blue.
Now press the resetParams2StDefaults button.
Hopefully in the logs window you will see the configuration going in.
Give it a try.

Okay I can do that. I found the settings now where do I put my configurations? I see this

The parameter determines the way in which LED behaves after motion has been detected.
 Values 1 and from 3 to 9 = single long blink at the moment of reporting motion. No other motion will be indicated until alarm is cancelled.
 Values from 10 to 18 = single long blink at the moment of reporting motion and one short blink each time the motion is detected again.
 Values from 19 to 26 = single long blink at the moment of reporting motion and two short blinks each time the motion is detected again.
Default setting: 10 (flashlight)
</Help>
<Item label="LED inactive." value="0" />
<Item label="1 long blink, LED colour depends on the temperature. Set by parameters 86 and 87." value="1" />
<Item label="Flashlight mode - LED glows in white for 10 seconds." value="2" />
<Item label="Long blink White." value="3" />
<Item label="Long blink Red." value="4" />
<Item label="Long blink Green." value="5" />
<Item label="Long blink Blue." value="6" />
<Item label="Long blink Yellow." value="7" />
<Item label="Long blink Cyan." value="8" />
<Item label="Long blink Magenta." value="9" />
<Item label="Long blink, then short blink, LED colour depends on the temperature. Set by parameters 86 and 87." value="10" />
<Item label="Flashlight mode - LED glows in white through 10 seconds.  Each next detected motion extends the glowing by next 10 seconds." value="11" />
<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks White." value="12" />
<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks Red." value="13" />
<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks Green." value="14" />
<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks Blue." value="15" />
<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks Yellow." value="16" />
<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks Cyan" value="17" />
<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks Magenta" value="18" />
<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks, LED colour depends on the temperature. Set by parameters 86 and 87." value="19" />
<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks White" value="20" />
<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks Red" value="21" />
<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks Green" value="22" />
<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks Blue" value="23" />
<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks Yellow" value="24" />
<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks Cyan" value="25" />
<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks Magenta" value="26" />
    </Value>
    <Value type="byte" index="81" label="LED brightness" min="0" max="100" value="50">
<Help>

You need to find this statement.

def resetParams2StDefaults

Underneath you will find all the parameters listed on the code.
Change the parameters you wish to change.
It’s about halfway through.
It’s above what you have found.

Here is the line for parameter 80.
Just alter the configuration value.
cmds += zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [10], parameterNumber: 80, size: 1).format()

Maybe I’m using the wrong DH? I’m not finding that code in there…I’m using