Fibaro Momentary Relays

I have a Fibaro relay (zwave relay device) that I use to control my gates. The problem is that once the relay pulses, it stays in a latched state, so that other key fobs are rendered useless until I pulse the gate again via ST.

I’ve tried changing the device type to a momentary switch, but this has no effect. Is there a way of essentially forcing 2x pulses per button click on ST?

The setting inside the Fibaro should allow you to change this, are you saying you have tried changing the parameter from within the settings screen? Does it save correctly?

Alternatively there is an auto-off feature which would do the same as you are looking for. If you set that to 3s (which from my testing was the minimum that worked reliably) then it should work fine for you too. Which device do you have? (model number)

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt response. Changing ST settings/device types has
produced no positive effect till date.

I have Fibaro FIBEFGS-212 , being run by ST and not the Fibaro
Controller/Hub. Where/how do I change the Fibaro ‘Auto Off’ device setting?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I didnt realise the config parameters were identically numbered, just with some missing for the single relay FGS212.
@KJX_Oduzz You want to set config parameter 4 to 30 and that will sort it out.

@cjcharles
Thanks - the device handler has totally sorted my gates! I therefore
decided to get another relay for my garage door, and I’m running into a
slight problem.

I have to (pulse, wait 1s) x2 for the garage door to work. The pulse and
wait part is possible by using param4, but is there a way to repeat the
last command twice? This will totally resolve all my problems as I’ll
simply repeat once.

I look forward to hearing from you.

2 Likes

Thanks.

I simply changed the capability to Momentary (from Switch) and it seems to
have solved my problem ie single click works.

The only problem is that there’s a noticeable delay before the garage door
opens.

'Still trying to work out what’s causing the delay.

1 Like

Can’t you do all of this with CoRE? A simple routine which waits a few seconds will be fairly reliable in my experience. Can then as a stimulated button to trigger the routine in CoRE.

Ah fair enough, didn’t know how precise it needed to be. I like your solution with two fibaros! It’s nice and off the shelf!

An ESP based solution would be cheaper, like using a sonoff but you would need to modify the code slightly. I haven’t checked the ESP blinds code but that would do it too.

1 Like

There are so many Core versions out there. Can anyone point me to the
authentic Core github URL’s for the smartapp and the device handler?

Thanks in advance.