Fibaro single relay?

Hi I’m new so apologies if this has all been covered previously. I have a Fibaro single relay which I want to use as a momentary switch to operate a garage door. I was told that the single relay works out of the box, that is no custom handler, I see plenty of posts regarding the dual channel relay. Can anyone confirm please?

Hi @samueld , I am in a very similar position to you in that I have a single relay (FGS211) that I would like to use to control some lights via the ST app and a physical momentary switch.

In theory, the relay does work out of the box and can be used through the default ZWave Multifunctional device.

However, if you wish to control the device via a momentary physical switch too (like you and I), then we need a way to change the parameter on the relay to recognise the momentary switches.

I hope someone more knowledgable can reply to inform us if the dual relay custom device handlers can also be used for a single relay and also to change the default Fibaro parameters.

Maybe this will point you in the right direction… maybe it won’t.

I use an Orvibo relay as a momentary press. To do this I used the standard device handler provided by ST for a Zigbee switch.

I created a new Device Handler using the Zibee switch template and then changed this:

def off() {
    zigbee.off()
}

def on() {
    zigbee.on()
}

to this:
def off() {
zigbee.off()
}

def on() {
	delayBetween([
	zigbee.on(),
	zigbee.off()
	], 50)
}

Which causes a momentary press. You shoule be able to do something similar.

Hey - I have the same relay, did you manage to find a device handler that worked with Fibaro 211 1x3kw relay?

Hi I did, and had to modify a bit. Can’t remember what I did, however here is a copy…. Hope it works out for you.

/**