Fibaro Dimmer 2 Scene Activation

Hello,

There is this function -Scene Activation- in the Fibaro Dimmer 2. Does anybody knows what can we do with it?

Thank you.

1 Like

The Fibaro can send central scene ID’s to the hub for various switch press combinations.

Smartapps like webCoRE can see what ID was received and respond as desired.

It’s unrelated to the ST scenes, unless you link webCoRE to a routine to a ST scene lol.

1 Like

I use the scene ID’s mainly for S2… that second switch can be used to toggle a table lamp or other device that hasn’t got a wired wall switch.

1 Like

Hello,

For example I want to create a webCoRE template if scene 25 (S2 Mommentary Switch 3clicks) than do Stuff.

How can I retrieve in webCoRE these 3 clicks. What should I choose for the if?

Thank you.

Edited my post above with an example as you were posting lol

You give answers more quicker than me, questions!

Thank you very much RobinWinbourne!

1 Like

What I don’t understand from your piston is what case 22/25/26 are?

Those are the scene ID’s, placed in a switch case to avoid duplication of the trigger statement.

On Evebts from Dimmer 2’s Scene
DO
SWITCH
Case 22

Case 25

Case 26

You could just as easily use a sequence of IF’s, but it’s more work.

IF
Dimmer 2’s Scene CHANGES TO 22
THEN

IF
Dimmer 2’s Scene CHANGES TO 25
THEN

IF
Dimmer 2’s Scene CHANGES TO 26
THEN

1 Like

Thank you RobinWinbourne.
You are great at explanations!

1 Like

Another thing. Sorry for bother, again. How do you insert syntax on events from in webCoRE? :slight_smile:
I do not find this syntax in webCoRE :roll_eyes:.
(I imported your piston, of course, but if I want to create a new piston I wonder how I insert on events from syntax)

Thank you.

In the piston editor, go to settings and turn on advanced statements.

Now when you click ‘add a statement’ you’ll be presented with the advanced options such as loops, switch statements and on events.

1 Like

I created pistons like you said and it worked!
But I still don’t know how do you insert comments on webCoRE. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Click the cog symbol when building statements and actions.

1 Like

Indeed. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi All , I’m looking for some advice please . I can not find any scene control in webcore at all . I have checked advanced statements as described above and have tried to use sample piston .I can see the scene change been changed while on smartthings . Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fibaro Scene ID’s are not the same as ST Scenes.

In webCoRE, when building an IF statement, change the attribute to Scene, then manually type the desired scene ID.

Hi Robin , yes I’m clear on that . I meant i can see scenes changing on the fibaro switch . But cant get a scene attribute at all on webcore ?

What device handler are you using?

Have you changed the handler since adding the Fibaro to webCoRE?

Are you referencing the device in webCoRE directly in the statement or via a variable / group of devices?

Hi thanks for prompting me to check DH , it had selected another fibaro handler ( normal fibaro switch ) all working now . I really appreciate the help

1 Like

Hi guys,

I’m having the same issue (or veru similar at least). I’m trying to get a Fibaro Double Switch 2 to send scene IDs to webcore. I’ve imported the piston above and have cut it down and adapted it to my devices but I can’t select the ‘scene’ attribute.

Is this to do with the device handler that I’m using ? I’m using: "Fibaro Double Switch 2 ZW5 " device handler.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.