Fibaro Roller Shutter - Scene Activation problem

Hoping to get some insight into Scene Activation for my Fibaro Roller Blind 2 switches. By Scene Activation I mean specifically that I want the switch to generate Fibaro scene codes in the same manner as the Fibaro Dimmer 2 (of which I have several, all working fine for this). I am not talking about ST scenes.

A question was raised in Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - FGRM-222 (DTH in post 24) (UK Device), in which the poster asked if the DTH could be adapted to Scenes to be activated. As I’ve been using and tweaking the DTH published by @julbmann and finding my way around the concepts behind handling z-wave devices in ST, so I thought I’d have a go.

According to the Fibaro docs, the parameter which allows this is 50, so I added a setter, copying the equivalent code in the Fibaro Dimmer DTH by @zcapr17, changing it to allow Param 50 to be set to 1 or 0, and I can see this value begin set in the list of params when I look through the Web API.

But when I try and trigger a scene, no command seems to be sent to the DTH. Even removing all of the existing command handlers and leaving in the catchall (as below) doesn’t log anything out beyond the Basic, power, etc.

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.Command cmd) {
    log.debug("other event ${cmd}")
}

The zwave raw description (see below) indicates that the device is capable (I think that ccOut: 2B is telling me that it should be able to ‘do’ Scene Activation, but I’m not very clear on what sort of ‘scene’ we are talking about here, and whether Fibaro are using this capability to do their scene stuff)

zw:L type:1106 mfr:010F prod:0302 model:1000 ver:25.25 zwv:3.52 lib:03 cc:8E,72,86,70,85,73,32,26,31,25,91,75 ccOut:32,31,91,2B,26,25

When I use @zcapr17’s Z-Wave tweaker, I do not see any commands for scene or central scene activation, and I do see these for the Fibaro Dimmer (although curiously, only 1 of them - the other 2 I have do not show this command, which confuses me)

So it’s clear to me I don’t know what I’m doing :slight_smile: But I’m struggling to understand what I’m missing here? Is there something else I should be doing?

I finally find some time to work on the fibaro scene issue.

I push some new code that now works well in scene. You can download the new code from github

1 Like

this fixed my issue to use this in scenes and smartapps as a switch. Thanks mate

Hoping I am being dumb… I have installed the latest DTH however I cannot see a Parameter #50 setting?

I wanted to set a scene so on a double click of the top button on a toggle switch, it opens the blind fully and on a double click of the bottom button it closes.

Any ideas?