FAQ: Fibaro FGS 222 Relay - Installation Guide / How to for beginner

Hi Neil,
To be perfectly honest I’m struggling to recall how/if I overcame the problem. I didn’t end up using the switch for my garage door. I do however use it for lighting circuit which I also guess uses the momentary option.
On the app I do have the device correctly set with param no 14 and param value 0.
I suspect therefore as you suggest it becomes a momentary switch for both devices.
I remember having lots of hassle - I deleted all related stuff and started from scratch.
Sorry I cant help further. If you want me to check any of my configuration I’m happy to do so.
Regards

David

Hi @davidj ,

Thanks for the reply David. I am not sure what else there is to check. I dived into the device handler simulator and I noticed the following log/debug messages.

21:54:48: debug Parsed ConfigurationReport(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 14, reserved11: 0, size: 1) to [['descriptionText':Z-Wave Device Multichannel: ConfigurationReport(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 14, reserved11: 0, size: 1), 'isStateChange':false, 'displayed':false, 'linkText':'Z-Wave Device Multichannel']]
    21:54:45: debug Parsed ConfigurationReport(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 14, reserved11: 0, size: 1) to [['descriptionText':Z-Wave Device Multichannel: ConfigurationReport(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 14, reserved11: 0, size: 1), 'isStateChange':false, 'displayed':false, 'linkText':'Z-Wave Device Multichannel']]
    21:54:44: debug configure() called
    21:54:44: debug Preferences have been changed. Attempting configure()
    21:54:42: debug Parsed ConfigurationReport(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 14, reserved11: 0, size: 1) to [['descriptionText':Z-Wave Device Multichannel: ConfigurationReport(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 14, reserved11: 0, size: 1), 'isStateChange':false, 'displayed':false, 'linkText':'Z-Wave Device Multichannel']]
    21:54:41: debug configure() called

It appears to be reading in the correct parameter number and value but stops short of actually behaving as a momentary switch.

If its not too much trouble could you go into your Pukkahq : Fibaro FGS-222 Dual Relay device handler, open up the simulator and select your “Z-Wave Device Multichannel”.Do you get something similar in the Log window. You don’t need to run anything as mine loaded automatically once I installed the simulated device. Would be interested if you see something similar to the above.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Neil

I am using the above handler and app from Pukkahq for two FGS221 (i know that they are supposed for FGS222 but are the ones that works best so far).

Virtual switches works well from the app. When using the physical switches ST changes state of virtual switch 1 but not virtual switch 2 on one of the FGS221. First when I use physical switch 1 it updates state for virtual switch 2. On the other FGS221 none of the virtual switches update when using the physical switches.

What could be wrong?

Hi - can the FGS-222’s switch be inverted? By default when the switch is set to off the switching circuit is Open, when On the circuit is Closed (as you’d expect). But I want to use the FGS-222 to control my external alarm siren, this requires switching the 12v neutral on the alarm circuit (open circuit = alarm sounds; closed circuit = no alarm). Is there a parameter in the relay’s config to invert the switch? If not, could this be coded? thanks

hi all,

after managing to pair once, i had to reset my hub and now can’t get it to pair again. i have done the reset a few times and every time get the green light and press three times and hear a click but it doesn’t pair. any advice?

Hi all
I have recently migrated across to the new STT Connect App. Some good and some not so
Anycase, I have my switches and motion sensors all behaving well.

I have one of these FGS222 left and will attempt to Reset and Include this morning.

Which Driver should I use?