Face recognition system that integrates with SmartThings

Hi all,

I am looking into my possibilities of setting up a face recognition system that integrates with SmartThings.
The objective is to have different things happen when familiar faces are detected than when someone unfamiliar is spotted.

The ideal sollution would be smth that could utilize my Samsung SmartCam Pro (local RTSP video feed is available) and some software running on a mac/PC or even better raspberry pi 2.

I know the new netatmo camera can do what i want, but there is still no ST integration (just a beta IFTTT channel) and i would love to avoid spending more money.

I have looked into sighthound/blueiris but i do not think they can do face recognition (not detection).

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance

2 Likes

Hi, If you don’t come right with a solution you can simply buy, you can use a webcam together with the following project, ‘http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/239849/Multiple-face-detection-and-recognition-in-real’. You can slightly modify the code to make a REST call to you SmartThings SmartApp when certain things occur, for example if your face is present. Easy game.

1 Like

Check out SightHound. Has object recognition, object tracking, face recognition, IFTTT channel. Pretty neat stuff! I’m guessing you could use the IFTTT channel to integrate with ST.

1 Like