Experience using ZOOZ z-wave plus on/off toggle switch?

Yeah I reset it as a relay and ran a pair of repairs no change. It is also the second closest device so distance shouldn’t be a problem

Hi Kollin, did you also try just excluding it and re-including back in? Exclusion automatically resets the switch to factory defaults so this might help. If it doesn’t, let our customer service team know and they’ll arrange a replacement for you: http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/pages/contact-us

I have 3 of ZEN24, I recommend this devices the customer support from @TheSmartestHouse is amazing.

Thank you AGNES you help me a lot, I am very satisfied. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How are you all installing the Zen21 without the neutral jumper? I have a few different manufacturers switches that all came with the neutral jumper. My gangbox has the neutral wires necessary but I’m not understanding the Zen21 included documentation. Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE *** I didn’t realize I needed to go out and purchase additional wire gauge to install *** UPDATE

-Peanut

I installed a zen24 tonight and it came right up on my st. I also have a ge 45631 scene controller, but I can’t seem to add the zen24 to it. All my ge switches allow me to link to the st and the ge scene controller. Any ideas?

I have two Zen 24’s. They work nice. Integrated on the first try for both. The toggle is a smooth on. One up and it dims the lights to 100% and one down and it dims the lights off.

Their support is fantastic though… @thesmartesthouse

1 Like

For the 3 way use, is there something special that they need to do?

Can they work with dummy switches as three ways?

I believe you just need the momentary add on switches. Not sure if Zooz makes their own, but I read that the GE add on toggle switches work.

Thanks!

Any chance they work with dummy switches?

I guess I am not sure what you mean by dummy switches?

Normal 3 way switches. Mechanical.

Let say I wanted to install as a 3 way but don’t have the add on.

I don’t think that will work since they aren’t momentary. There is only one traveler between this switch and the add-on ones instead of two like in a normal 3-way circuit. The add-on switch doesn’t even sit in line between the primary and the load like a normal 3-way switch would. It only connects to one traveler and neutral to send signals back to the primary switch which controls the load directly.

Thanks.

So the power is supplied by the traveler?

Yep, the diagram they have shows one of the travelers bypassing the secondary switch to provide power to the load if you are replacing existing switches. Essentially the primary switch does all the work, the add-on switch or switches just tell it when they are pushed up or down.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks for the install PDF.

Hi Brandon, the GE Scene Controller has a glitch where it can only control nodes with numbers 21 or lower. So if your Zooz device was assigned a higher node ID number in the system, you will not be able to control it with the GE Scene Controller. Unfortunately, this is a built-in software limitation and there’s no work-around for it…

Hi James, Zooz switches in their current version cannot be wired with regular electrical switches. Toggle switches (ZEN23 and ZEN24) may be used with GE’s add-on 12728 as mentioned by @brkoch

Thank you for the response. I have very few devices in my home at this point and I just looked at my hub. The zooz switch is assigned a device network ID of 06. Any other ideas?

Huh, that’s strange. But it may have to do with association class. Since ZEN23/ZEN24 are Z-Wave Plus they use V2 of association command class which may not be supported by the scene controller (it’s a pretty ancient product). Did you try assigning the switch to the scene controller once it was added to SmartThings or were you trying to add it to the Scene Controller separately, to a parallel network?

Yes, it is ancient, but I haven’t been able to find an equivalent form factor that does what I need for a similar price.

I was trying to assign the switch to the scene controller after it was added to the SmartThings. I think I may know what I did wrong now though. When adding GE switches to the controller, you only press them up once and it learns them. I probably should have done the toggle 3 times on the ZEN24 while the controller is in learn mode. I will try that and report back on the results.