Evolve LTM-5 transmitter to LRM-AS association

I need to establish a virtual 3-way with two Fibaro Dimmer 2 (US) modules. i’ve tried various SmartApps and Rules (Dim with Me, Dim and Dimmer, etc.) but the lag is not acceptable. My setup includes a ST hub and minimote. Each Fibaro is wired according to their instructions using on-off-on switches, configured as RollerBlind in the DH, using S1 and S2 on the Fibaro dimmer. both switches properly control the lights to which they are physically wired. but for the life of me, i cannot establish a direct association. i’ve read every post i can find on virtual 3-ways and the Fibaro dimmer. This should be straightforward but it is kicking my butt! i’m using the device handler from @erocm1231 in this thread: [RELEASE] Fibaro Dimmer 2 (US). and i followed @duncan process in this thread using an Accessory switch type: Evolve LTM-5 transmitter to LRM-AS association. no luck.

The Fibaro instructions only provides directions to establish associations using the Fibaro Home Center, which i do not have. and i’ve been unsuccessful in using the minimote to establish the association – i haven’t been able to guess the right combo/pattern of button presses on the Fibaro Dimmer to get the minimote to blink fast blue. When i asked Fibaro tech support for help, they pointed me back to ST.

Fibaro uses association groups 2 and 3 to associate on/off and dimmer functions (respectively) from S1 and groups 4 and 5 to associate on/off and dimmer functions from S2. Both S1 and S2 are required when using an on-off-on switch. The fibaro instructions do not recommend changing association group 1. I need both on/off and dim capabilities on the target switch from the Accessory Switch. Please Help!