EU degraded app performance - Mar 23-27, 2018

I can not log in with my account!!

This is so unbelievable can’t believe a big company like Samsung has this big an outage and don’t seem to have a Braincell between them.

Chris wrote:
I bought / setup a hub last week, not very impressed at all. Few issues, hoping some fellow UK folks can offer some input?

1. I can’t get into the app at all now and it has been patchy for a few days. Is this rare or commonplace? I am using Android. Also, although I can log into the webpage, it is not showing any of my devices.

This has been a problem now for a few days, it isn’t rare but there have been spells with no problems.
You have joined just as we seem to have reached a low point in the history of ST unfortunately.

1. I have very thick stone walls in my house, which I presume to be the likely cause for one or two of my multisensors being disconnected. I think I read that a SmartThings plug can act as a repeater of the signal (and have ordered two). Does anyone have experience of this type of repeater system working?

You are right, that is the only device by ST that acts as a Zigbee repeater AFAIK. How effective it actually is I don’t know, my house has thin walls so I get good coverage anyway.

1. Presumably, there is not local app / way of working things, just the SmartThings app?

That’s right and the cause of all of the current grief while we have these extended cloud outages in EU.

I would wait until ST get things running smoothly again before wasting a lot of time on setting up further, as it will be an exercise in frustration just now.

Thank you for your replies.

So with your setup, is it the case that you don’t see a lot of “Disconnected” statuses for your devices? Trying to establish whether or not it’s the SmartThings hardware (either hub or devices) I’m using or my house setup…

Chris,

I have not seen disconnected devices here. Perhaps someone else with more experience of Zigbee devices in a peace with poor coverage can chip in.

Thanks David, again.

That is good news for me that you haven’t experienced the Disconnected status - it leaves open the likelihood that it is down to reception / my house, so a few well-placed repeaters (I have two sockets on order from Very.co.uk at a sale price of £31).

I found that things were working again around 8.30pm last night. But it’s fallen over again - according to my notification around 5am.

Has it been the same for everyone else?

Same here. Can someone update the thread title please :smiley:

Down again here on my iOS apps. Worked well briefly this morning and now back to not loading.

No status updates today - not that they ever tell us much about what exactly the problem is and what steps they are taking.

It’s easy to criticise, but after this time with no resolution to the extended period of problems it is understandable why we do.

This is an utter joke to be fair. With each day this rubbish goes on I am a step closer to just binning this product and moving away. I have spent a lot of money in the ST eco system but this issue is terrible.

Where before I had some visibility of my stuff via the new app now in neither app works. Old app has me in a login loop. New app I get into but it is now blank.

This is a joke.

Still no response about this matter. Beginning to think they don’t care. At least give us some progress report.

I wish they would change the title of the status page. It’s not a degraded service at least for me it’s system down.

Proper hacked off that Samsung can be facing this issue and provide so little in ways of work arounds.

2 Likes

The app is down. The ST stuff still works. So it is degraded.

It’s also frustrating as hell as I can’t check any notifications that are coming up.

I’m waiting 2 more days then I return everything fed up cant set anything up or control anything outside of the house.

Like others, totally lost confidence in St… Seriously considering dumping it in a bin.

My wife can use ST classic just fine. Hasn’t been kicked off at all. However, I am having serious issues logging in for the past few days. What also PISSES me off, is that I am FORCED to install the god damn Samsung Internet app to log in - how dare they??? What develooer came up with such a STUPID requirement… Jesus christ. Fix the f****** issue already!!!

Just managed to get logged in to the classic app. I didn’t notice that I was still signed into the Samsung connect app on my android phone as i have only ever used it once to see what it was. I went into the connect app settings from the dashboard page and signed out. Then Logged into the classic app and can now access my sensors. Being logged in one samsung app while trying to login with the same account in a different Samsung app seems to have been my problem, or perhaps I have been lucky with my timing and the cloud service is available once more.

Looks like they may have resolved it this time.

1 Like