ET-WV520 Connect Home Wifi / Hub is missing settings; z-wave utilities

I am unable to access Hub settings. I am unable to click on the “smarthings hub” after clicking the Device Tile.

I have tried to do a factory reset a few times, as well as reinstalled the app. As soon as it comes online, I have two tiles, one for the Wifi and one for the Hub. I can click on the hub and access all of the settings, Z-wave Utilities. Then after a few minutes, the two tiles merge and I cannot access any Hub settings.

Any suggestions? This is not the plume enabled device.

It highlights when I click it, but it doesn’t open any options for me:

I want to say look under Devices but it can’t be that easy :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

you can try using the legacy IDE… go to my hubs, look for View utilities and use z-wave exclude from there or z-wave repair.

The utilities didn’t even show up on the IDE until after I added the reset wifi/hub unit to a different location. There’s something going on, I just can’t pin it down. And I can’t split the tiles after they merge. It’s annoying. All of the wifi menus and options work fine, but the smartthings stuff doesn’t open.

I discovered a crazy work around. For the short time the smartthings hub is it’s own tile, I can hold the tile, and select “Add to Home screen”. Clicking on the shortcut will allow that page to be opened once the wifi/hub combines into one tile.

But I can’t be the only one with this issue.

1 Like

I have the same issue! I’ve reported it through email, but it isn’t going anywhere. They keep on asking me to send logs from the app, which they say never go through. I’ve even sent them videos of me generating and sending the logs. They also ask for dumpstates logs from my phone. Those files are too big for email. I don’t know! This has been an issue since the February app release! @nayelyz, thoughts?

Those files are important for the analysis of the issue, if they are missing it is unlikely the engineering team will be able to see what’s going on.
For this kind of issue, it is important to have:

1. Screen recording of the steps you follow to replicate the issue.
  2. During that time, you need to collect the app logs (dump log) as well to compare what you see in the app with what is registered there.

I don’t know which steps they provided to get the logs, but I know of two ways and it depends on which is available for your mobile phone:

For Android phones
  1. On your mobile device, launch the Phone app (where you make calls) and enter the code *#9900#
  2. On the opened page, click on “Run Dumstate/Logcat”. Wait until it finishes and shows a message with the created file
  3. Then, select the option “Copy to SD card (Include cp Ramdump)”. When it finishes, it will show a success message.
  4. Share the file with us, please. There are two options:
  • From your phone:
  1. Go to Files > internal storage
  2. Find a folder called “log” and search the created file there. Sample name: “dumpState_G950USQU8DUD3_202208162013”

The last part helps you identify it better because it includes the date and time when it was generated.

• From a PC. Connect your device to a PC and look for the “log” directory and find the generated file.

For other Android devices:

1- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLGcTtYUKBQ
2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUpIcCTI-1s
3- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bo_QAl_VhQ

For iOS phones

Before replicating the issue:

1. In the ST app, go to “menu” and then to “settings”.

2. At the bottom of that page, you’ll find a section called “troubleshooting”. Please, enable the option that says “Create Additional SmartThings Log”.

3. After this, replicate the issue as mentioned in #1

4. Finally, get the app logs.

a. In the app menu, go to “contact us”
    b. Then, tap on "Error reports” and click on “next”
    c. When it redirects you to the other page where you need to provide more info, tap on the title at the top that says “Error reports” a few times consecutively until a message appears asking for approval to generate the app logs appear. Save the file and share it with us.

If they are too heavy to send over an email, you need to upload them to a cloud and share the link to it with us.

@nayelyz
It sounded to me like they want ALL of the logs that were generated and saved to that location. . I believe there were around 200 files. When I zipped it, it came close to 500mb. Are they really only looking for that 1 file? What is the best way to send this file when it is over the email file limit?

Yes, when I report issues, I only provide that single file that contains the info of the issue being reproduced, others would have older info that isn’t relevant for the analysis.

You can use Dropbox, Google Drive for example and provide the link with public access, I’ll download it and you can restrict access again.

Your screen shot looks the way mine has always looked. Never had more than just the one icon representing the combined device.

To get to the SmartThings Hub settings, you touch the dark grey rectangle in your screen shot around where the ‘T’ is in SmartThings and it should give you a status page. The three dot menu is top tight to get the various options.