Error 39-504 39-511 SmartThings Dongle VG-STDB10A/XC

Good morning
I have the following problem with the registration of Essential Lightstrip products and Bulbs Nanoleaf Metter protocol , let’s start by saying that the dongle has been installed and recognized correctly by my QE65Q60BAUXZT TV , the TV is connected to the wi-fi internet network, I also tried to connect it via LAN, at this point I start the registration procedure from my Galaxy S21 Ultra phone , the products are recognized, by selecting the first light strip I am asked to scan the QR code, and the process continues until I am asked to select the name of the Thread network, I select the ST-Tizen network and enter the code that is requested to be able to access the network, up to this point everything is fine, at this point the writing on the Samsung account registration in progress appears on the mobile phone, and it is here that after about 1 minute the error appears error 39-504 or 39-511. I don’t know what to do, does anyone have an idea what this error means?

I have the dongle installed on my refrigerator and thread has not been enabled yet for the dongle. I would download the ST CLI and use the command “smartthings devices” to find your hub device number. Then use the command again like this “smartthings devices XX -j” where XX is the device number. You will see a section of the JSON output called hubData and look for whether Thread is available or not.

"hubData": {
            "zwaveStaticDsk": "00000-00000-00000-00000-00000-00000-00000-00000",
            "zwaveS2": false,
            "hardwareType": "SAMSUNG_DA_REFRIGERATOR_HUB",
            "hardwareId": "0045",
            "zigbeeFirmware": "5.4.5",
            "zigbee3": true,
            "zigbeeOta": "0",
            "otaEnable": "false",
            "zigbeeUnsecureRejoin": false,
            "zigbeeAvailability": "Available",
            "zwaveAvailability": "Unsupported",
            "threadAvailability": "Unavailable",
            "lanAvailability": "Available",
            "matterAvailability": "Available",
            "localVirtualDeviceAvailability": "Available",
            "zigbeeChannel": "24",
            "zigbeePanId": "5B71",
            "zigbeeEui": "84B4DBFFFE144E15",
            "zigbeeNodeID": "0000",
            "zwaveNodeID": "00",
            "zwaveHomeID": "00000000",
            "zwaveSucID": "00",
            "zwaveVersion": "0000",
            "zwaveRegion": "0",
            "macAddress": "CC:6E:A4:E2:14:94",
            "localIP": "192.168.1.148",
            "zigbeeRadioFunctional": true,
            "zwaveRadioFunctional": false
        }
1 Like

maybe I omitted something, using the Nanoleaf app and connecting the lights it also recognizes the Thread connection … and entering the application, once the connection is selected and enabled I can see the 35-digit code required to connect to the Metter protocol. so I copy and paste the number and the procedure goes true until the registration on samsung account…after I describe what happens on my post before, error39-505 or 39-511😢. I hope someone help me whith te error code

"hubData": {
        "zwaveStaticDsk": "00000-00000-00000-00000-00000-00000-00000-00000",
        "zwaveS2": false,
        "hardwareType": "SAMSUNG_VD_TV_HUB",
        "hardwareId": "0043",
        "zigbeeFirmware": "5.4.7",
        "zigbee3": true,
        "zigbeeOta": "2",
        "otaEnable": "false",
        "zigbeeUnsecureRejoin": false,
        "zigbeeAvailability": "Available",
        "zwaveAvailability": "Unsupported",
        "threadAvailability": "Available",
        "lanAvailability": "Available",
        "matterAvailability": "Available",
        "localVirtualDeviceAvailability": "Available",
        "zigbeeChannel": "19",
        "zigbeePanId": "3124",
        "zigbeeEui": "94DEB8FFFEF6F91F",
        "zigbeeNodeID": "0000",
        "zwaveNodeID": "00",
        "zwaveHomeID": "00000000",
        "zwaveSucID": "00",
        "zwaveVersion": "0000",
        "zwaveRegion": "0",
        "macAddress": "1C:86:9A:26:C5:EC",
        "localIP": "192.168.1.63",
        "zigbeeRadioFunctional": true,
        "zwaveRadioFunctional": false
    }
},
"type": "HUB",
"vid": "SmartThings-smartthings-hub",
"mnmn": "SmartThings",
"ocfDeviceType": "x.com.st.d.hub",
"restrictionTier": 0,
"allowed": null

}

yes is available

I presume that if you use the Nanoleaf app, it will be the Matter controller for that device over Wi-Fi (since your phone doesn’t support Thread) and then you will have to add ST as a separate controller. Have you tried adding it from the ST app directly? Also, if the Nanoleaf is Matter capable, there should be a Matter QR code that you can scan to add the device.

yes and all goes true, find the light and then register with the qr cod etc… etc… until i see that the procedure telling me that it will register the light on the samsung account! and then the procedure finishes and I see the screenshot with the error code. I have use the Nanoleaf app because the registration with smartthings don’t goes true until the end and at last I have error code 39-504 or 39-511

I think at this point you’re going to need to contact ST Support. They have access to more detailed logging info that will probably be useful in figuring this out.

Just to be sure, there is a Matter logo on the box for the devices? Reason I ask is that there are previous versions of the Nanoleaf bulb that have Thread support, but don’t support Matter. I’ve seen several posts where people had the older version.

yes this is the last series of nanoleaf bulbs and light strips that have integrated the matter protocol . ok I will try to contact directly the support of ST tanks for the help