(Enhanced) Z-Wave Schlage Touchscreen Lock

Hi Marc,

I’ve been using the @rboy universal lock DTH. It has some Schlage specific features.

RBoy does want users to pay for access to the SmartApps and DTHs. I initially paid to access the lock DTH, but have ended up using a few other DTHs and SmartApps included with the paid access.

1 Like

ethayer has garyd9’s DTH in his GitHub. Some minor modifications were made to work with his latest SmartApp release.

I would like to help - as my time permits - to merge @garyd9’s DTH with generic one if you want to go that way.

Is there anyway to get Schalge touchscreen to report when incorrect codes are entered (or at least when max incorrect attempts reached)? I’ve tried both @RBoy DTH and one by @garyd9 but nothing appears on device events when incorrect codes are entered. Even when alarm mode is tamper or forced entry there no zwave event raised when alarm kicks in. @RBoy writes in his DTH description that the alarm can act as motion sensor in ST. How to make this happen and how is it possible if no event is reported to the hub?

Each lock model is different, the RBoyApps DTH take that into consideration. Most Schlage locks don’t allow users to configure the number of retries before the lock sends an invalid code notification to the hub. The default is 4 or 5 tries (depending upon the model), so you will need to enter 4 or 5 invalid entries before the lock sends an invalid notification. For models that support custom number of invalid entries you can configure them through the RBoy Device handler settings in the ST app.
As for the motion, yes you’re correct once the lock sends the tamper notification (not for invalid codes by things like break in, fire, tampering etc) the DH will convert that into a motion event / tamper event and report it to ST accordingly.

That’s what I did but no notification is posted. After 5 invalid attempts the keypad locks, the alarm kicks, but no event under the recently tab in the app or in the api console. Thoughts?

It does show up in the device’s recently tab (atleast with the RBoyApps DTH) and if you’re using the User Management SmartApp that App will also notify you.
Clarification on the above post, this is an invalid code and not a tamper event. Only tamper events will trigger the alarm/motion (if enabled). not invalid codes. Invalid codes are used by the SmartApp to notify the user.

I don’t get invalid events and I don;t get tamper events. Is there any configuration required to enable it on Schlage.

No settings for most Schlage locks, that depends on how the DTH has implemented it and how the corresponding SmartApps use it.
If you’re using the RBoyApps DTH/User Mgmt SmartApp, it will automatically notify you for every 4th/5th invalid entry when the schlage lock sends the invalid code notification.

I use your DTH and community smartapp. I want to validate this would work before I go through the trouble of erasing all slots as required by your smartapp and starting from scratch (I have 4 locks, many users and with day-time-lock restrictions). My understanding is that invalid and tamper events supposed to show under “recently” even when using your DTH and someone else’s smartapp - but they aren’t. Is my understanding incorrect?

Yes and it depends upon the lock. See screenshot from BE469 below. Let’s move this conversation over to the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave lock thread:

@ garyd9

First of all thanks for the dth and app, have been using it for few months on my Schlage.
Now the hub firmware has been updated and require some changes as follows:

Any chance of getting the dth updated?
Thanks and regards

2 Likes

I second this. The issue is causing the manual lock mode from the bolt turning by hand or button push outside for the Schlage lock to never respond to this event or happens to respond 25 minutes to hours later if lucky. Noticed that if after manually locking it and then use the app to refresh the device it will show the change.

@Babar_Khan
Update:
(Note the Lock Manager they use is currently v1.4)
Modified what was mentioned here and fixed the issue with how it was not posting the notification for manual locking.

See this:

@Babar_Khan

The post I listed above this one about adding the private function and modifying the 2 other def fixes all the issues for the schlage lock I was testing. Tested it and AutoLock and Alarm work fine as well as lock and leave.

Have you tried this in the current one you are using?

(Note the Lock Manager they use is currently v1.4)