Enbrighten switch drivers?

I think the future of ST is very bright but also different.

Edge drivers are probably already available for most of your devices. Post the model numbers or better yet the fingerprints from the “old” IDE and people will try to help you.

There are also people who can and will add fingerprints to existing drivers if they are compatible with your devices.

Once you get the hang of this is easier than the old system in most cases.

2 Likes

This should be what you need for your Hampton Bays:

1 Like

I’m using an iphone. Switch driver isn’t an option. Will try and find my one android tablet and see if its available.

I added your repo in the IDE

Using a PC I’m also not seeing an option in the IDE. I can change the drivers to ones in the current list but cant seem to add a new driver.

Sorry for struggles here just not up to speed on all the new changes

@MarkTr saud

this table is probably the quickest way to find the correct driver for your devices, if they’ve been added to the list.
https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Table_of_Edge_Drivers

Which, as he said, iis true if they’ve been added to the table. But that’s just a table in the community-created wiki and it depends on community contributions to update it. And it’s brand new, so there are quite a few things missing still.

There are a number of community developers who are creating custom edge Drivers just as there were ones before who created custom DTHs. And the fastest way to find those is the same as it was before: check the quick browse lists in the community-created wiki. Edge drivers have their own page:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Quick_Browse_Lists_for_Edge_Drivers

There’s one list for locks, one for sensors, one for lighting, etc. So you’ll still have some research to do, but it’s better than just trying to search the whole forum. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Mike, other that finding Fingerprints the IDE is obsolete and can NOT be used to do anything with Edge Drivers.

You need to use the mobile app to do anything involving Edge Drivers.

3 Likes

As @Paul_Oliver said, you aren’t going to use the IDE for anything involving edge Drivers.

Try the community FAQ, it should help explain the process:

FAQ: I have no idea what Edge is. Is that a new developer tool? (2022)

1 Like

I see thank you for the information. I enrolled my hub and installed your driver.

Apple OS doesn’t appear to have the option for driver. My Samsung tablet I am seeing the driver option. When I select driver → select different driver → no results found

Maybe it takes a bit for the new driver to get pushed to my hub?

I also enrolled to your king of fans. I might wait and see if this one gets transitioned automagically with the fingerprint. As I dont want to mess with those at this point. I assume if they stop working I remove them then add them back and the edge driver should get loaded.

I like the idea of things running local instead of in the cloud. But does the smarthings hub have the storage to support all the drivers running local?

1 Like

It could take a while, or it could be that I don’t have your fingerprint added to the driver yet. Jasco has an annoyingly large number of fingerprints and are constantly churning out new ones.

Try navigating to your hub in the ST app, hit the three dots, and then choose Driver. That will display the list of currently installed drivers.

Is your hub a V2 or V3? V2 seems to handle up to the max of 50 drivers just fine. V3 has half as much memory, and it can run into memory problems depending on how many devices and running drivers you have.

2 Likes

Took me a minute. I dont remember the hub being a selectable device. But I found it in the room its placed in. Under driver it shows your king of fans and GE Zwave Motion Switch/Dimmer

I went installed the other driver the GE Z-Wave Switch/Dimmer/fan/outlet. That one now shows up under select different driver but when I select it the page just goes white. Only way out of it it to choose back. Which then looks like nothing got installed. I think just the generic z-wave switch driver is what its using.

I am running the V2 hub. I have 52 devices. I think a good majority can use your driver though. I have a few I will have to go searching around for. Where do I find the fingerprint for current devices?
SYLVANIA Smart Flex RGBW
easyiot Light
kwikset door lock
dome motion sensor
Neto botvac

1 Like

This is the current bug with driver switching that Paul mentioned. It was introduced with the most recent app updates. You can still swap drivers using an older version of the app, or by using the CLI (which isn’t tough and is good to set up since it’s pretty useful, but is a bit on the technical side). Otherwise, we’re just waiting for ST to fix it.

You shouldn’t need to worry about memory. I haven’t seen anyone complain about a V2 running out of space, and you’re not running that many devices.

Start by checking the old IDE. Most of your stuff should still show the fingerprint there if it’s still using a Groovy DTH or was installed using one and then automatically migrated. Anything installed directly to an Edge driver won’t show there though, so you’ll need to either use the CLI or one of the browser-based community-created device viewers.

CLI (instructions are to get logging going, but the basic setup is the same regardless of what you want to do).

Community browser-based options:

2 Likes

Thank you appreciate all the support. I kinda have the hang of it now. I will probably wait for the Android app to get updated or the Apple app to have driver support. We are mostly Apple or PC in this house. I have one android device for things such as this.

Sounds like there will be some growing pains. Will need to think about my automation needs in the future and re-evaluate. Automation is great but can consume your life if you let it. Smartthings has been the happy medium that has been well supported and hasnt been a huge time sink. That may have changed.

2 Likes

Check with @Mariano_Colmenarejo he has some great drivers for lighting and many other things.

Include the fingerprint from the IDE it will look like the following for a ZigBee device:

1 Like

How do I request invite for Mariano’s drivers. Yours was easy you had a link for invite

Zigbee devices

light

• zigbeeNodeType: ROUTER
  • firmwareManufacturerCode: 4489
  • firmwareFullVersion: 00102428
  • application: 01
  • endpointId: 01
  • firmwareImageType: 30
  • manufacturer: LEDVANCE
  • model: FLEX RGBW

light

• application: 10
  • manufacturer: eWeLight
  • model: ZB-CL01

multisensor

• application: 14
  • firmwareFullVersion: 00000014
  • firmwareImageType: 32
  • firmwareManufacturerCode: 4673
  • manufacturer: Samjin
  • model: multi
  • zigbeeNodeType: SLEEPY_END_DEVICE

Iris smart plug

• firmwareManufacturerCode: 4174
  • firmwareFullVersion: 20015010
  • firmwareImageType: 34
  • manufacturer: CentraLite
  • model: 3210-L

Water leak sensor

• zigbeeNodeType: SLEEPY_END_DEVICE
  • firmwareManufacturerCode: 4673
  • firmwareFullVersion: 00000014
  • application: 14
  • firmwareImageType: 48
  • manufacturer: Samjin
  • model: water

Zwave devices

Door lock

• MSR: 003B-6341-5044
  • fw: 113.22
  • manufacturer: Schlage
  • ver: 7.1
    zw:Fs type:4003 mfr:003B prod:6341 model:5044 ver:113.22 zwv:3.42 lib:06

Door sensor

• MSR: 0371-0102-00BB
  • networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S2_AUTHENTICATED
    zw:Ss2a type:0701 mfr:0371 prod:0102 model:00BB ver:1.05 zwv:7.12 lib:03

Dome motion sensor

• networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_LEGACY_NON_SECURE
    zw:S type:0701 mfr:021F prod:0003 model:0083 ver:3.92 zwv:4.05 lib:06

door sensor

• MSR: 0109-2022-2201
  • networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S0_LEGACY
    zw:Ss type:0701 mfr:0109 prod:2022 model:2201 ver:5.01 zwv:4.05 lib:03

Socket

• MSR: 0063-4F50-3032
  • manufacturer: Jasco Products
    zw:L type:1001 mfr:0063 prod:4F50 model:3032 ver:5.21 zwv:4.54 lib:03

door sensor

• MSR: 014F-2001-0102
  • endpointId: 0
    zw:L type:2001 mfr:014F prod:2001 model:0102

It was in the link I posted above. See below:

For Jasco products @philh30 is probably your guy.

2 Likes

That’s how installing Edge drivers works. Generally the author will create a discussion thread in the community, with the channel invite in the first post. They might also link to a GitHub repo, but that’s to allow others to view or modify their code; it isn’t necessary (or even useful) for installation.

Without checking every fingerprint, I’m guessing based on the device names that nearly everything you listed above will work fine with stock drivers. You’ll likely only need to install additional drivers if you had a custom DTH for the device on the past.

2 Likes

Yea I was running custom device handler for Iris smart plug, MyQ garage door opener, dome motion sensor, neato botvac, king of fans, and the GE plus dimmer for the double tap functionality. I also use webcore for event based triggers, but looks like that is going away.

Check out the SharpTools rules engine as a replacement.

2 Likes

Hi @mikesbau

All of these devices are in the stock smartthings drivers and should be migrated automatically or manually if you want to install the zigbee switch driver from the smartthings channel.

https://api.smartthings.com/invitation-web/accept?id=450930c1-02a6-43d8-adaa-4cbc51027956

They also exist in custom drivers and you can use them whenever you want.

@mikesbau

All these devices are in the stock smartthings drivers and should be migrated automatically or manually if you want to install the Z-wave Switch or Z-Wave Sensor or Z-Wave Lock driver from the smartthings channel.

You can find the data of your devices in the .yml files of the beta smarttings drivers on github

So I was able to change the driver to Phil’s driver on the 2 new switches I added. I was going to add his driver to the rest of the dimers in my house. However the “driver” option does not show up under the device.

Do I have to remove it then re-add it to get this to work? If I just leave things will things transition automatically eventually?