Anyway to get the leviton dimmer added. I got these to replace a GE switch that would not pair and now these do not have an edge driver. They paired as groovy.
The Groovy handler has an exact match for
Theres no exact match for
0x001D/0x3201/0x0001 (DZ6HD) in the generic switch Edge driver, only
SmartThingsEdgeDrivers/fingerprints.yml at main · SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsEdgeDrivers · GitHub.
@nayelyz, whats the process for getting what looks like an oversight in copying support for a device’s fingerprint from Groovy to Edge? I can add the fingerprint and submit a pull request if that is easiest.
As I understand, a non-exact fingerprint like this one means that if a device matches in
productType can be any value, which means that both devices should be accepted.
But, I will report it, Pull Requests are not currently being reviewed.
@Shanapadila, could you DM me with the following information, please?
- When did you try to pair the device? If it has been more than 12 hours since, please help us try again and send the Hub logs from the IDE:
- In the IDE, enter “my hubs”
- Enter the corresponding Hub and go to “view utilities”
- Click on “send” below "send hub logs
- Is your email account here the one that you use for SmartThings?
- If you have more than one Hub, the name of the one where the device is paired.
- The name of the device after it gets paired with the DTH
Agreed, but as the Groovy fingerprint is a more exact match (all 3 parameters match), I’m guessing it wins over the more generic Edge fingerprint. The Leviton 6HD is a pretty popular switch, makes sense that it would get an exact match in Edge to be sure its covered.
Thank you! Please let me (us) know if there is a better/easier route to submit issues/concerns like this to you and your team.
Mmm it depends, it is preferred in a new post so our discussion doesn’t get lost.
I’ll move these posts in this case.
If you need to share files with us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
But, tagging us is ok as well, as we receive a notification, we know there’s something we need to look at. It would be nice if you could add the link where the conversation started
I can’t get any of my leviton or GE switches working with the z-wave driver. Starting to wonder if my Z-Wave radio got borked.
Post their model numbers and maybe we can assist.
- Are you excluding the zwave devices first before including them?
- What does “can’t get them to work” mean? They don’t include? They include but with the wrong driver?
- Leviton devices can sometimes be finiky to include correctly, especially with S2 security. I’ve often has those include incompletely (they get paired as a Zwave Thing with a fingerprint of 0000-0000-0000) and have to try several times. GE/Jasco are usually very solid.