Ecolink Z-Wave Motion Sensor - now showing up as Z-Wave Door Contact

Hi, Steve. Did you Exclude the Enerwave device before sending back to Amazon? If not, the ST hub will still think it’s there, even if it doesn’t show up in the app or your IDE. It sounds like ST is seeing the new Ecolink motion sensor and automatically pairing it with the Enerwave still in its device register.

If you didn’t Exclude the Enerwave device, try going into the IDE and seeing if it shows up there. If not, there must be a procedure to Exclude phantom devices.

Another option would be to allow the Ecolink sensor to mount your ST network, then Exclude it, then go back through the Include process to see if it accepts the new device correctly.

Apologies if you’ve already tried these options.

Good luck.

Hi, new to SmartThings and very new to this forum. Many have said that they have used the IDE to change the device type to fix the problem listed in the subject. Assuming that the IDE is https://graph.api.smartthings.com/… I’m tryng to figure out how to change the device type, but have been unable to do that. If i go to My Devices and pick the device that i want to change, there is no option to change the type. What am i missing here. Would someone be so kind as to put steps on how to change a device in the IDE. I bet it is something really simple that i am missing, but i have tried multiple google searches and multiple searches here and i can’t figure it out. Thanks so much for your help.

So as luck would have it, right after i posted this, i saw the edit button at the bottom of the page… No need to respond, thanks.

When I manually change mine to z-wave motion sensor, it shows “motion” all the time when there is no motion.

Anybody else see that?

@instanttim im having the same issue. Unable to resolve it as yet

i changed the jumper to test and it works with like a 5 second delay. Then i changed it back to PET 1 and it finally worked. It turns off(no motion detected) after like 4 or 5 mins.

I too had the same problem and that seemed to fix it. However, I never changed it back from test mode (I didn’t want the delay to turn off the lights to be 8 mins (4 mins to re-register as no motion + 4 mins of no motion before it turns off). I eventually just removed the device… it isn’t a great motion sensor for my use.
I’m using the Aeotech Multisensor 6 in it’s place now… works great. (Albiet more expensive)

I was thinking about getting the same one. I’m going to test out this Ecolink for a few days and see how it goes. If its not working as expected ill return it and get the Aeotec. So far, playing with the jumper around seems to have fixed the issue.

@ibevamp - how’s it gone for you? Did you have a better experience than I did? I’m still planning on integrating the Ecolink into my system… but for a much less time sensitive purpose. I’ll use it to turn on a virtual switch, then turn off the virtual switch after 30 mins of no motion. I do this in various rooms in the house to turn off lights if no one has been in the room for a period of time.