Drayton wiser home thermostat

(Colin ) #21

I have changed the rooms to show percentage demand instead of a simple on/off so hopefully this will be more meaningful now.

I like the sound of your setup, I’ve been meaning to add more TRVs for a while but never got round to it yet. I would be interested in seeing the data output from your hub if you wouldn’t mind sharing?

Cheers,
Colin

(mark) #22

Just updated from github and this is really working great.
Well done Colin for the speed on this development, fantastic work!
The percentage demand works great and I can now see all rooms matching the flame icon in the wiser app. When the flame is off in wiser the ST app shows 0% and the rads are cold or cooling so I know the trv is fully closed.
What is interesting is how the percentage changes depending on the difference between set point and actual temp it seems the more the difference between the two then the longer the trv is open at 100%.

Colin when you say you would like to see the data from the hub do you mean the logs from my IDE? If so I’m happy to help.

At the moment I haven’t really started using this in SmartThings to automate anything I just keep checking to make sure it corresponds with the wiser app but I think it’s not far off from full integration.
Well done Colin.

(Colin ) #23

Hi Mark,

If you have Windows you can type the following into a PowerShell window replacing hubIP with the IP address of your hub and hubsecret with the secret for your hub.

Invoke-RestMethod -Method Get -Uri hubIP/data/domain/ -Headers @{“SECRET” = “hubsecret”}

This should return all the config data from your hub with all the rooms etc. There shouldn’t be anything sensitive in the data but feel free to remove anything you’d rather not share. You will see that there is quite a lot of data in there and there are a few things I could add into the ST app (battery level probably being a good example)

I haven’t tried to do any automation yet either so let me if you try and have any problems. I use the ST app to control my heating now as I find the Wiser app very slow and buggy sometimes.

Cheers,
Colin

(mark) #24

Hi Colin,
Do you still want data from my system. I have been working away for last few weeks so not had time to play with anything but hopefully should be around for a bit now.
I also had a TRV pack up last week, come home for the weekend and the wife told me one of the trv’s was flashing red, turned out to be a low battery but when I replaced it with new batteries it simply refused to work again. Wouldn’t light up or do anything. Luckily I got them from screw fix and the replaced it without any fuss.

Regards Mark.

(Colin ) #25

Hi Mark,

If you don’t mind? I haven’t had time to look at making any changes to the app and I’m not sure if I even need to but I would be interested in seeing what a more complicated set up than my own looks like to see if I am missing anything that could be in the app.

Bit worrying to hear you’ve had a faulty TRV already, let’s hope it’s a one off!

Cheers,
Colin

(mark) #26

Hi Colin,
Sorry it’s been a long time, work is crazy at the mo so not had time at home.
I have managed to log in and pull the data you require from the wiser hub.

System : @{PairingStatus=Paired; TimeZoneOffset=0; AutomaticDaylightSaving=True; Version=6; FotaEnabled=True; ValveProtectionEnabled=False; EcoModeEnabled=True; BoilerSettings=;
UnixTime=1522870445; CloudConnectionStatus=Disconnected; ZigbeeModuleVersion=R311 B030517; ZigbeeEui=000B57FFFEAA7EAA; LocalDateAndTime=; HeatingButtonOverrideState=Off;
HotWaterButtonOverrideState=Off}
Cloud : @{Environment=Prod; WiserApiHost=api-nl.wiserair.com; BootStrapApiHost=bootstrap.gl.struxurewarecloud.com; PublishRequests=; ScheduleIdsToPublish=System.Object[]}
HeatingChannel : {@{id=1; Name=Channel-1; RoomIds=System.Object[]; PercentageDemand=26; DemandOnOffOutput=Off; HeatingRelayState=Off; IsSmartValvePreventingDemand=True}}
Room : {@{id=1; OverrideSetpoint=210; RoomStatId=51329; SmartValveIds=System.Object[]; ScheduleId=1; Name=Livingroom; Mode=Auto; DemandType=Modulating; WindowDetectionActive=False;
CalculatedTemperature=209; CurrentSetPoint=210; PercentageDemand=26; ControlOutputState=On; WindowState=Closed; DisplayedSetPoint=210}, @{id=2; OverrideSetpoint=200;
SmartValveIds=System.Object[]; ScheduleId=2; Name=Hallway; Mode=Auto; DemandType=Modulating; CalculatedTemperature=223; CurrentSetPoint=210; PercentageDemand=0;
ControlOutputState=Off; WindowState=Closed; DisplayedSetPoint=210}, @{id=3; SmartValveIds=System.Object[]; ScheduleId=3; Name=Kitchen; Mode=Auto; DemandType=Modulating;
WindowDetectionActive=False; CalculatedTemperature=214; CurrentSetPoint=210; PercentageDemand=0; ControlOutputState=Off; WindowState=Closed; DisplayedSetPoint=210}, @{id=4;
SmartValveIds=System.Object[]; ScheduleId=4; Name=Small Bedroom; Mode=Auto; DemandType=Modulating; CalculatedTemperature=217; CurrentSetPoint=210; PercentageDemand=0;
ControlOutputState=Off; WindowState=Closed; DisplayedSetPoint=210}…}
Schedule : {@{id=1; Monday=; Tuesday=; Wednesday=; Thursday=; Friday=; Saturday=; Sunday=; Type=Heating; CurrentSetpoint=210; NextEventTime=1380; NextEventSetpoint=-200}, @{id=2;
Monday=; Tuesday=; Wednesday=; Thursday=; Friday=; Saturday=; Sunday=; Type=Heating; CurrentSetpoint=210; NextEventTime=1350; NextEventSetpoint=-200}, @{id=3; Monday=;
Tuesday=; Wednesday=; Thursday=; Friday=; Saturday=; Sunday=; Type=Heating; CurrentSetpoint=210; NextEventTime=1350; NextEventSetpoint=-200}, @{id=4; Monday=; Tuesday=;
Wednesday=; Thursday=; Friday=; Saturday=; Sunday=; Type=Heating; CurrentSetpoint=210; NextEventTime=1350; NextEventSetpoint=-200}…}
Device : {@{id=0; ProductType=Controller; ProductIdentifier=Controller; ActiveFirmwareVersion=2.18.100; Manufacturer=Schneider; ModelIdentifier=WT714R1S0902;
DisplayedSignalStrength=Invalid}, @{id=51329; ProductIdentifier=RoomStat; ActiveFirmwareVersion=0401000000002371; Manufacturer=Schneider; ModelIdentifier=Thermostat;
HardwareVersion=0; SerialNumber=000B57FFFEAD7A3E; ProductRange=Wiser Heat; ProductModel=Thermostat; ProductFamily=Wiser Heat; OtaImageQueryCount=0; LastOtaImageQueryCount=1;
DisplayedSignalStrength=Medium; BatteryVoltage=29; BatteryLevel=Normal; Rssi=-71; Lqi=116}, @{id=56704; ProductIdentifier=iTRV; ActiveFirmwareVersion=0201000000002371;
Manufacturer=Schneider; ModelIdentifier=iTRV; HardwareVersion=0; SerialNumber=000B57FFFEC8AFCD; ProductRange=Wiser Heat; ProductModel=iTRV; ProductFamily=Wiser Heat;
OtaImageQueryCount=0; LastOtaImageQueryCount=1; DisplayedSignalStrength=Medium; BatteryVoltage=30; BatteryLevel=Normal; Rssi=-73; Lqi=108}, @{id=8864;
ProductIdentifier=iTRV; ActiveFirmwareVersion=0201000000002371; Manufacturer=Schneider; ModelIdentifier=iTRV; HardwareVersion=0; SerialNumber=000B57FFFEAA145A;
ProductRange=Wiser Heat; ProductModel=iTRV; ProductFamily=Wiser Heat; OtaImageQueryCount=0; LastOtaImageQueryCount=1; DisplayedSignalStrength=VeryGood; BatteryVoltage=30;
BatteryLevel=Normal; Rssi=-54; Lqi=184}…}
UpgradeInfo : {@{id=9; FirmwareFilename=0541010100000018FOTA.BIN}, @{id=8; FirmwareFilename=0541000000000018FOTA.BIN}, @{id=7; FirmwareFilename=0501010100000018FOTA.BIN}, @{id=6;
FirmwareFilename=0501000000000018FOTA.BIN}…}
SmartValve : {@{id=56704; SetPoint=210; MeasuredTemperature=214; PercentageDemand=0; WindowState=Closed; ExternalRoomStatTemperature=209}, @{id=8864; SetPoint=210;
MeasuredTemperature=223; PercentageDemand=0; WindowState=Closed}, @{id=23395; SetPoint=210; MeasuredTemperature=214; PercentageDemand=0; WindowState=Closed}, @{id=7313;
SetPoint=210; MeasuredTemperature=217; PercentageDemand=0; WindowState=Closed}…}
RoomStat : {@{id=51329; SetPoint=210; MeasuredTemperature=209; MeasuredHumidity=50}}

Not sure if it is of any use but feel free to take a look.
Regards Mark.

Good day Colin.
I can successfully install all the required components and successfully install the smart app on the smart phone. I have the wise hub secret in my pc, but I can’t for the life of me find where to paste it in the code on the Groovy IDE
I would be very grateful if you or anyone else that is using your code tell me where to paste the Wise Hub secret on the IDE.
Thank You.

(Colin ) #28

Hi Colin,

No need to make any changes to the code, the hub secret is on the settings page of the SmartApp. If you open the SmartThings app on your phone then go to the Automation section and the SmartApps tab you should see Drayton Wiser (Connect). Tap on this and you should get the below screen where you can set everything up for your system.

Cheers,
Colin

Thank you Colin,
I think I have got the wrong string for the Hub Secret. The one returned to me was very long. What sort of length should the string be please?

(Colin ) #30

That sounds like the right one, I’m not sure if there is a standard length but mine is 130 characters.

Cheers,
Colin

Hi Colin,
If I do indeed have the correct string, how do I get that string into the SmartApp?
According to your initial instructions I should be able to use cut & paste using the IDE. Do I re-write some of the code or something?:blush:

Hi Colin,
sorry to have bothered you I have found a way to do this. I have an eyesight condition as well as getting long in the tooth. Thank you.

(Colin ) #33

Hi Colin,

I think SmartThings have changed the IDE slightly since I wrote the instructions, you used to be able to see and change the SmartApp settings in the IDE but this seems to have gone now.

Glad you got it sorted.

Cheers,
Colin

Congratulations for all your hard work. I now have this all working. I must say it seems better than the original app. I was going round in circles with things for a while. I got it down to the secret in the end. There was a space in the middle of the string which didn’t look right, so I got the Wiser Hub to cough it up again and this time there was no space. Bingo it all worked.
Well done for a good job. Thank you.

Colin.

(Colin ) #35

Thanks Colin, glad to hear it’s working for you.

There have been a few changes made by Wiser since I created the smartApp that I need to incorporate but haven’t had the chance yet, I’ll post here when I get around to it.

Cheers,
Colin

Yes I understand that it is a developing system and as such there will be changes. I am a patient kind of guy so I look forward to your additions/improvements. Just hurry up.:rofl:

(Dave Legg) #37

Just purchased the Drayton Wiser system after a lot of research.
Can’t wait to get your approach up and running on ST after i’ve had the plumber round to install!