Double Tap not working... firmware change?

(Chrisb) #1

My double tap apps seem to have stopped working. When running them in the simulator it seems as if things aren’t responding the way they used too. Was there a recent Hub firmware update that might have changed things?

(Ben Edwards) #2

I just installed this in my new place tonight and it is working. Have you tried in in real usage(outside of the simulator)?

(Chrisb) #3

Yup… I have it installed in 5 different areas and none were working last night. Maybe I’ll uninstall and re-install… can’t hurt.

(Steve S) #4

I was never able to get double-tap to work on my switches either… I double-tab, but nothing happens - I see nothing in the logs or anything.

(Chrisb) #5

@stevesell

How you double tap is important. You can’t tap-tap really quickly. If you do that the switch sorta ignores it. You have to tap-pause-tap. Give it almost a second pause between taps.

@ben_edwards

So I installed the ‘Double Tap’ demo app and that seems to be working fine now. But my modified version isn’t working and I can’t for the life of me figure out why. I even re-created the whole app and it still isn’t working right. Even if I just make a minor modification (like adding “onSwitches().off(delay: 4000)” to the ‘on’ part of the ‘if, then’ statement) seems to break the program. I can’t figure out why…

Is it possible that the published SmartApp (which is in the category: Convenience) is different from the shared SmartApp (which is in the category: Demo)?

(Brent Kenreich) #6

Does the double-tap app work better with different models of switches? What model of switches is everyone using?

I’m using a Jasco 45609 and this app doesn’t work at all. The second press doesn’t seem to register when listing events for the device in the IDE.

(Tony - SmartThings Unpublished Contributor ) #7

I’m using an aeon micro in-wall dimmer g2 - I’ve never been able to get it to work.