Does the TP Link Mini work with the official integration?

Hello,

New here.

I’ve had the smart things hub for a long time…added some tp link outlet minis in the past and they wouldn’t easily integrate with the app so I didn’t install the rest. Finally saw kasa/tp link could be easily added to the smart things app yesterday.

Linked my kasa and smart things account and the outlets were now listed in my smart things app!! Very exciting.

So I added a new tp link mini outlet…and it will not cross over to smart things. I’ve tried for hours. Uninstalled and reinstalled both apps.

Any one have any tricks?

Thanks all!

It will only add through the new V3 SmartThings app, is that what you used?

FAQ: how to tell which version of the SmartThings mobile app that you have

As long as you do have the V3 app, see the following:

TP Link Kasa Devices with new official integration (July 2019): reviews needed

I have the new smart things app installed and updated on an s10

Ok, we crossposted. :sunglasses:

So see the following:

TP Link Kasa Devices with new official integration (July 2019): reviews needed

1 Like

If it was added to the Kasa app before linking to Smartthings, it should show up in ST. It may be tricky when you are adding additional TP-link devices afterward.

Yes, that’s my problem. I added a new device after linking. I need to get the new devices added to ST.

Any way to unlink and relink accounts?

Any other ideas?

This is discussed in the link that I already gave you above. See posts 22 and 23 in that thread. You must be using the new V3 app.

TP Link Kasa Devices with new official integration (July 2019): reviews needed - #22 by Gutheinz

Thank you! I started looking but didn’t find it. I will read through more thoroughly when I have a chance tonight.

1 Like