Does anyone know if this Sonoff device works? (SONOFF SNZB-02 Zigbee Temperature and Humidity Sensor)

I used the built-in SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor type. I’m trying to get away from custom device handlers since they’re going away. Do you have a link to that driver, looks like I need it. Thanks!

It’s about 7 or 8 posts above, in this thread. Dated January 30th

1 Like

I just installed the driver, how to I update my Sonoff sensor to use it? Using a driver is new to me.

Delete the device from the app. (*)
Readd by sanning nearby.

(*) If you using the device in routines you may loose them when you delete the device. To avoid this you can put a virtual device in place of the sonoff.

1 Like

I added this and all is working but the Temp shows in Celsius and I need Fahrenheit. Is there a way to change this?

Edit: I was able to get this working correctly with F by deleting and re-adding and verified using logcat.

Thanks… I just did this and it’s now using the Type = “Placeholder”. Is that correct?

In the Grooovy IDE it will show “Placeholder” for devices that use Edge drivers.

In the ST App, select the Sonoff sensor and press the three dots at the top right.
you should now have Edit, Settings, Driver, and Information entries.

1 Like

Confirmed! Thanks for the help. Hopefully they’ll stay online now.

I am newbie, but how can I a Sonoff tem&hum sensor SNZB-02 run locally instead of in the cloud.

You just install it using ‘Scan nearby’ or via the brand list and it picks up a device handler that runs locally.

It is also fingerprinted in a stock Edge driver but you have to elect to use that at the moment.

I did it in that way, but it is still in de cloud and nod local

It’s still using a Groovy DTH. Did you install the Edge driver and remove the device before re-adding it?

Where can I find the edge driver and how to install it.

Yes I removed the device,because it was in the cloud

Where can I find a workaroud for a newbee like mee :worried:

what was the Device Type when you first added the device - the one that was listed in the Cloud? was it originally what you showed in your imagine above?

Hi @Ronald

A few posts above is the link

I have been using this device since November 2021 as a thermostat and it works perfectly and our battery is still 100%.

You can use it only as temperature and humidity sensor

Yes I did it, but how can I see if the device is local or in the cloud.
I want it to have local, but it seems it is still in the cloud

All Edge Devices are locally installed on your hub.

Edge devices show as cloud in the IDE and that is incorrect. The IDE is not designed for use with Edge Devices, and that is why it also shows Placeholder.

I’ve just got set up two of these devices. I installed them without having to select custom drivers.

The method to add them was:
Add Device → By Brand → Sonoff → Multi-functional Sensors
Hold the pairing button on the device for 5 seconds until the red light flashes and SmartThings detects the device within a few seconds.
Note: Although I selected “Sonoff” as the manufacturer, I also tried the “SONOFF” manufacturer and the result was identical.

So far they seem to be working absolutely fine.

My only complaint at this point is that the “tile” that they show in the SmartThings mobile app displays just the humidity. I’m not really interested in the humidity setting and just want to see the temperature.

I can see the temperature by clicking on the tile to take me to the details screen, but as they are sold as a “Temperature and Humidity Sensor” (with temperature written first), it would seem sensible to offer a way of selecting which of the two is displayed on the tile.

1 Like

I have this isssue as well - want to see temp in the tiles.
And the stuff about local/cloud needs clarifying - is someone like Ronald using a DTH?

Post 70 is using a DTH. Post 75 appears to be using an Edge driver.

The IDE is groovy based and is unreliable for devices information. I have several devices that I have manually moved to edge drivers which still show as using DTH in the IDE but show the edge driver in the app. That said, in theory, devices that show type: placeholder in the IDE means they are using the new architecture and can be cloud-2-cloud or edge drivers. The best way to tell if a device is using an Edge driver is from the app, open devices deatils, wait a few seconds for the screen to fully load, click on the 3 dots in the top right. If it’s using an Edge driver you will see a Driver option. All edge drivers run local.