Which humidity sensor is best

I’m using a combination Sonoff SNZB-02 for temperature and humidity but 2 identical devices on same room provides differences up to 7% in humidity reading.

Looks like I can’t trust those sensors.

Any recommendations on good zigbee ou matter(if they already exist) sensors for smartthings integration?

I mainly use the Sonoff SNZB-02 temperature and humidity sensors, but recently picked up a couple Third Reality temperature and humidity sensors.

In our living room, the Third Reality sensor agrees with the humidity reading from our Lacrosse weather station display, whereas the Sonoff is 5% higher.

I don’t have an accurate analog device for humidity, so i really don’t know which ones are the most accurate.

I corrected my post. The sensors I’m using are Sonoff SNZB-02 not tuya.

What country are you in? The device selection does vary.

Also, do you have a SmartThings/Aeotec hub, and if so, which model?

Matter devices are not yet available for delivery, with only a couple being available for pre-order, so if you’re willing to wait a few months you might have quite a few more candidates to choose from. :thinking:

Hi,

I live in Portugal.
I have the aeotec v3

No sure about the future “first gen.” Matter sensors will be stable and reliable.
If I find some zigbee reliable sensors, I will not wait for matter.

1 Like

BTW, I also wanted to mention that humidity, like temperature, is one of those things which is not uniform throughout a single room: it’s not at all uncommon to have pockets where the values could differ by 10% or even more. It takes water vapor quite a while to disperse through a room space. And if there’s a source within the room, even just a potted plant, that can change the values right next to the source.

In addition, most humidity sensors in the price range that smartthings customers are looking for already have an accuracy range of 7% or so, so the fact that two of them don’t agree is not surprising.

Finally, there is the issue of drift. Most manufacturers tell you to re-calibrate a humidity sensor once a year, but very few customers do it. Without that, the sensor gradually becomes less accurate over time.

All of which is to say it’s unlikely that any affordable humidity sensor is going to be more accurate than about +/-5%. And that’s only if you keep it calibrated. So set your expectations accordingly.

Here’s a good article that details all of this:

1 Like