Dim lights when media is played

Hi there,

Im a new user to smartthings and just found out about webcore. After some research with google I couldn’t find someone come up with a solution to my problem. I would like to have my hue lights turn off when a video is played on my nvidia shield (e.g in plex, youtube or amazon video app). Also i would like to have them turn on again when a video is paused.

So something needs to monitor the state of my nvidia shield. I know there is a solution for kodi or plex only but that’s not enough for me.

Home assistant with hass.io seems to have a solution to what I need however I would rather stay with smartthings.

Thanks a lot in advance guys!

There is a smartapp called Plex Communicator ([RELEASE] PlexPlus - Control Lighting with Plex Play Status) that works with Plex to enable WebCore triggers when content plays, pauses, and stops. If you want to trigger a scene (can’t directly do that via WebCore), you can use the Media Scene smartapp posted right after Plex Communiator to do so. It takes a bit of tweaking to get started but once you get it working, it works.

Edit: This only works with Plex. I don’t know of a solution for other apps.

You might be able to pull this off with tasker and sharptools