Devices we don't have

The video that was pushed out shows the Samsung refrigerator integrated into Smartthings. I own that refrigerator, so how do I integrate it? I also own the Gear S that was in that video and would like to use that as a presence sensor as shown, along with some simple on off functions I can use from the watch. I was going to try and make something similar to the Dashing dashboard through the opera browser, but an app interface for the Gear in Tizen to do this would be awesome.

1 Like

New to SmartThings, havenā€™t even got a hub yet but very keen. Some thoughts on devices.

1. A generic contact strip with simple open/closed status to basically replace the prewired existing alarm system without new sensors all around. Maybe need 8 sets of contacts (zones). This would be very marketable and I havenā€™t seen one yet in my shipping around.
  2. Support for Honeywell WiFi thermostats which I just installed 3 of this summer.
  3. I support the simply doorbell style very cheap button.
  4. Integration with aqualink pool controller to basically monitor and alert me of pool problems and enable to control pool remotely.
  5. Direct monitoring of linksys ipcam like wvc80n.
  6. Smoke/CO detector to tie into existing linked ones like previous poster so I donā€™t have to replace 10 of them.

Very excited to get my hubā€¦

1 Like

Weā€™ve been working with Automatic and also Moj.io and should see some fruits of that labor after CES (in January)

Honeywell WiFi Thermostat!

4 Likes

ā€œYes, please!ā€ is what Iā€™d say if it werenā€™t less than 20 characters.

3 Likes

Integration with Stanley Security! At least I donā€™t believe this exists. Not sure if it is even possible to do.

Also, a card access system would be fantastic for businessā€™ that already have this type of security implemented and are wanting to make Smart Things a part of there set-up.

Another vote for Honeywell WiFi!!

1 Like

I would like the Fibaro UBS to be included!!!

1 Like

Assuming folks are still watching this list: a couple forum threads discuss the lack of a natural gas sensor. E.g., this one and this one. This would seem likely to appeal to the safety-conscious.

It isnā€™t clear thereā€™s anything on the market for this. I found a product by a manufacturer called NorthQ, but it is a meter-mounted device aimed at measuring usage, which isnā€™t exactly whatā€™s needed for this application.

2 Likes

I feel the need to insist on that oneā€¦ It would make a huge difference for me if the 2 and 4-button Leviton Vizia RF+ wall ā€œswitchesā€ were properly supported. Itā€™s great that we can automate all of these things with ST, but pulling your phone out for basic tasks is just a step backward in term of usability. It would greatly help with the ā€œwife acceptanceā€.

2 Likes
  1. Linear GD00Z-4 garage door opener
  2. Venstar T5800 thermostat with Skyport
  3. Integration with car automation in general (remote start, close sunroof and windows)
  4. More camera options than Dropcam (and live video support)

I was told by support that the GE Link bulbs are not officially supported.

How about the Honeywell RTH9580WF WiFi Thermostat It works with Wink APP.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got one of these installed w/o problems that iā€™m very happy with. I even have 1 button controlling 2 different lights. You may want to check out this link for help. Leviton VRCS2

1 Like

All of the devices by ControlByWeb. These should be easy to interface to ST as they all talk http. These are industrial grade relays, some with digital inputs, and some with timers. Allows for discrete control of some devices (e.g. furnace controls) not otherwise controllable remotely. They also have temperature probes and temperature control relays (i.e., industrial thermostat). While accessible over the internet, they do not rely on the cloud to function per their onboard programming. These would be useful in applications where ST cloud disruption cannot be allowed to cause device malfunction for safety reasons. Hard applications like heating, pumping, etc., come to mind.

1 Like

Is there a way to get access to the OnStar in the vehicles? At least the GPS location?

Iā€™d like to see a hack for older models of Samsung refrigerators that could add SmartThings connectability.

My fridge model is just 1 below the ā€œsmartā€ version, so it has no tablet / touchscreen ā€¦ but it does have an electronics / cpu panel in the back with a JTAG (or ?) connector.

Difficult (but not impossible) to hack without the official service manuals and software, I bet; but obviously an official, supportable Samsung add-on plug-in would be nifty. Why upgrade a perfectly functioning major appliance just because it doesnā€™t have a $100 Android tablet on the front of it?

Hi!
On the Bluetooth front!

I saw some comment about Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) presence support in another thread.
I see a LOT of opportunities in the presence detection space.

What I can see is:

1. ST/BLE presence sensor with RX/RSSI threshold. (iBeacon to start with)
  2. One other option would be with the NEXT Gen Hub.

Option 1) would reduce the amount of HUB to cover different ā€œPresence ZONEā€! You see where Iā€™m going!
Option 2) Would require multiple HUBā€¦ More expensive!

Thanks!
-Eric

Absolutely!

I am using two of these because they look more traditional and appear to have the functionality I need.

Bring on the support!!!

I am using:

GE Z-Wave Ceiling Fan Wall Switch (12730)

It is working well.

I have the lights connected to a Linear Dimmer.