Devices we don't have

I would love to see Lutron Shade control.

2 Likes

Yupā€¦ We need thisā€¦ there is a beautiful one that someone on the site put together with a nexus, but I would rather buy one.

2 Likes

+1 this! and something else to say to get us to 20 characters!

2 Likes

We are working on adding some Airfoil support to the next release of ObyThing Music. The update will allow you to select speakers via Airfoil or AirPlay (still Mac only). Itā€™s a great alternative to Sonos if you have a Mac and some speakers that work with either AirPlay or Airfoil.

Nest Protect, Nest thermostat.

2 Likes

Still some hoops, but here is a 7 button scene controller.

RainMachine

1 Like

@Johnny_Davy: I have just posted a SmartApp that makes alarm system on/off keypad functionality out of a multi-button device, such as the Aeotec Minimote. Please take a look at the Topic and see if it sounds like it might meet your needs ā€“ or at least it is a proof-of-concept, I hope! Thanks! ā€¦CP.

Do you think the above mentioned keypad works with my Security PIN SmartApp (in Beta)? Does anybody have one to test with? The Aeotec remotes I use are really cheap these days, but, with similar Device Handler, my SmartApp should be compatibleā€¦

I used to have oneā€¦ but since I have no coding chops I gave up when confronted with having to create a new device typeā€¦ So I returned it.

@jodypeterson: Here is the solution: Samsung SmartCam: SNH-P6410BN, SNH-E6440BN and SNH-1011ND (+WWW Digest auth) (tested and working)

Another MyQ Integration

Looks like WeMo is releasing four new sensors, so hopefully they will be intergrated with Smartthings after they are released. http://gizmodo.com/wemo-beefs-up-smart-home-lineup-with-four-new-sensors-1677386330

Not quite devices, but I would still like to execute a few ( just a few) critical controls right on the unit,
Even if manual operation as a first step. If the outside network is down, point my smarthings app at my controller so I can turn on the lights!

Greg

Yes, I would love to have a light/fan control in one. I donā€™t understand why there arenā€™t more available.

Hard to believe there is no seemless/integrated support for the top garage door company in ST, junky Wink had it from day oneā€¦

Chamberlain (MyQ), the parent company of Liftmaster (MyQ) and Sears Craftsman (AssureLink) are the leader in garage doors and their individual apps are seamless, yet there has only been limited efforts to get this fully linked into ST.

A win-win for ST and the Chamberlain Group to get this resolved.

Also no good support for the new GE LED Bulb with full Dimmer capability for under $15.

Why do I need to write/borrow software for standard/common equipmentā€¦ ST find the best available at the time and get it set up for us ST Newbiesā€¦

Hi Andrew, Iā€™d like you to consider supporting Ademco security equipment, such as window, door and motion sensors. While I know the SmartThings security offering includes these kind of sensors, consider households which already have a wired, monitored security system, but would like to migrate to a home automation provider, such as yourselves. The ideal step is have a solution which takes advantage of existing equipment, like wired window, door and motion sensors by linking them to a SmartThings hub. Then the home owner can migrate to your solution, drop monitoring (in favor of cell phone alerts), and then progress to add many other SmartThings solutions.

This is a huge market opportunity for your company with a compelling story centered on the immediate savings of dropping active third party monitoring. Ademco, a Honeywell subsidiary, provides a widely-used series of products that are reliable and wired. A compelling choice would be to save the immediate expense of buying a who bunch of kit, already installed. Saved funds from cancelled monitoring can then be deployed in additional Smartthings home automation products.

Please consider this idea. Thanks.

A chime. I need a simple annunciator for multiple uses. Preferably with multiple configurable tones. For instance, I want to use one tone for motion in the backyard at night, one for the front yard, one for an open door at night, etc. I can write an app to control it, but there are no chimes that I can find. Most security systems have an annunciation capability.

FYI, I tried the Aeotec Siren, but the quickest it can be turned on and off is almost 2 seconds. Way too long for just a door chime.

Iā€™m currently considering trying to use a mini-switch to ring my doorbell. Better than nothingā€¦

Pete

1 Like

I like this - the idea of a device that has ā€œnice tonesā€ that can be called for different events. Some will say you can do this with Sonos, which is true, but not everyone wants to buy a Sonos!! :slight_smile:

You could do this with an inexpensive Airplay speaker, though, and @obycodeā€™s app, if you have a Mac. Would be cheaper than a Sonos and allow you to use any tone you wanted.

1 Like

Thanks for the shoutout @brianlees. Yes, you can use ObyThing Music to trigger any sound from your Mac to your AirPlay speakers. That includes custom speech as well, ex. ā€œMotion in the backyardā€. Itā€™s really handy. My favorite use case so far is having the dayā€™s weather play when I first come downstairs in the morning (triggered by a motion sensor).