Devices we don't have

I just wanted to post for anyone interested that Creatability Concepts makes several devices for healthcare field. They take existing devices and incorporate ZWave. Exampels of devices are Medication dispensers that signal when tilted, Pressure pads to signal when someone is in wheelchair or bed, toilet sensors for sensing when toilet flushes (we haven’t tested this one to see if it works) etc.

2 Likes

Also we are interested in toilet flushes so I thought that it would be a simple enough idea to just stick an Everspring Flood detector probe into the tank… it seems that it is really good for going from Dry-Wet (what it is supposed to do), but not responsive when WET (for long time) to dry. I assume that there is some capacitance to prevent noise etc.

Neat. Do you have any links for this? I can’t find it on their website.

Send an email to steve@createabilityinc.com and let him know that I (Jeff May) sent you.

A big one is wall mounted remotes. I have two Aeon mini remotes but there are obvious limitations there.

No question, this is a big need. Much discussion In the forums. There are three popular options: a wall mount tablet dashboard, the SmartenIT battery powered 3 toggle switch, and the 7 button wired Enerwave SC7. All look good on a wall. But we could definitely use more choices. See:

1 Like

I want to bump the request for a natural/explosive gas detector. There are zero explosive gas detectros with Z-Wave/Zigbee/WiFi currently available, with one coming soon: http://www.orvibo.com/prolist/en/39-1.html#

A dedicated ST natural gas sensor, similar to the moisture sensor (small, battery powered) that could be placed near water heaters, furnaces or ranges would be a huge plus for home safety!

I found a few on a Google search…like this one, although they might all be the same one:

http://www.shop-wifi.com/wzb-sgs920-zigbee-wireless-natural-gaslpg-detector

But, I’m not sure it works with ST, even with a custom device type. Others would have to chime in on that.

But, I COMPLETELY AGREE that we need this. It is a danger that is not currently covered.

1 Like

A decent coffee maker… Should be able to grind, brew and be programmed. Perhaps ST can fund it and name it…SmartCofeee… :slight_smile: simple people have simple needs…Samsung doesn’t make coffeemaker?

1 Like

There are a number of zigbee natural gas detectors. As long as they use the HA profile (and the ones made for hotels typically do), they should work.

That said–ideally, just as with smoke detectors, these should be mains powered with a battery backup.

Also, for technical reasons they won’t be as small as the moisture detectors, more likely about the same size as a typical smoke detector.

But they should be able to work with SmartThings just as the CO detectors do. A custom device handler might be required.

Not officialy supported (and nor it will be) and rarely works well…

I know the Linear GD00Z Garage door Controller is supported but how about putting it in the device list to make it easier to setup? I had trouble finding it but then it worked fine.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

1 Like

I integrated an LFM-20 into my commercial espresso machine. It takes about 20 mins to heat up, so I have it come on before I wake up. If you wanted, you could use a dual relay to power on and then perform a shot / coffee operation on a superautomatic unit or a Keurig or some similar machine… Generally, just leaving the machine on and loaded with water and coffee and turning it on with an appliance switch of the 15 amp or better variety (my machine needed a 20 amp) should be “good enough”. I grind when I brew so that wasn’t a solution…

1 Like

Waterproof a tilt sensor and stick it to the top of the float?

There has been lot written on this subject but I have not seen an answer. I need a 3 way switch setup where the second switch is battery operated and not wired to the light. Th primary switch should be a piano switch which is wired. The second switch should be a piano switch which is not wired but is battery operated. The second switch will effectively operate the first switch to turn the light off or on.

Piano type switches are a popular decorator style in India, but are not used much elsewhere. I’m not aware of any Z wave switches on any frequency made in that style.

There are some zigbee switches made in China that are piano style switches. If you can find one that uses the zigbee home automation profile (usually abbreviated ZHA 1.2) without an additional encryption layer, then there is a good chance that it could be made to work with SmartThings. But it might require a custom device type.

I would be very careful what suppliers you buy from, however. Many Chinese manufacturers don’t really understand the protocol differences, and devices are sometimes mislabeled, particularly in translations.

I’ve always thought it was a very practical and elegant style, so it would be great if we could find some that did work. :sunglasses:

Honeywell lynx L7000. Would be nice to have ability to know alarm status. Be able to arm, disarm, see zone status of window and door sensors.

1 Like

I’d love to have some ZWave USB outlets. I have some ZWave outlets and I have some USB charging outlets, but I haven’t been able to find the combo. Anyone have any leads?

1 Like

Not much yet, and nothing with the USB port is controllable. It’s just a pass-through. This is the main option:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VQISOCG/

I do expect at some of the HomeKit devices in 2016 will offer that for that protocol, so that could then push out market demand for the feature in other protocols.