Device handler/driver for Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1

Hi
I just got a Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 Link which I can pair to smartthing but cant control it.
Is there a device handler / edge driver for this device or is this not compatible with Smartthing?

Had added a device handler from Aonghus-Mur from GitHub.

GitHub - aonghus-mor/SmartThingsEdge-Xiaomi: SmartThings Edge drivers for XIaomi and Aqara devices

However have checked today and Aqara seems to be available directly via the SmartThings app.

Check there and see if it works.

HTH

Eddie

1 Like

Thanks for your reply,
I tried to use the driver in the link but when parring the Device the driver is not recognized

Yeah these device handlers are not for the E1 Models, according to the thread here the E1 is never going to work. I guess I’ll have to return it.

There should be Aqara integration coming for the Edge drivers. I wouldn’t throw in the towel just yet. :thinking:

in case you have the device paired and it’s possible to use “Zigbee Thing” Edge driver .
Most likely you can easily switch to Zigbee shades driver

It seems to be working with limited function. It can open and close which is good enough. Thanks!

1 Like

What do you mean by limited function?

most likely Aqara is not using the default curtain level zigbee attribute, but more generic “analog input” cluster or something.

I have an Edge driver for B1 motor , maybe adding a fingerprint can do the trick for E1

When I use the Git hub drivers for the Xiaomi B1 I can get the readings for the light level and battery levels. With the generic zigbee curtain you get no reads other than if the status is opening or closing.

Opening and closing are all that is really important. The others are just nice to haves.

Ok. So all the basics are there. Next time I see this device on sale I’ll give it a try.

For some reason I was sure the Aquara Roller Shade Driver E1 would work with ST - so I bought some - I wanted to prepare setting them up and started googling and now I’m not sure 
 How have you guys gotten it to work? If so, how did you manage? I am guessing pair it as a Thing, then edit the device in the IDE and change type to ‘ZigBee Window Shade’? Or?
I want to be prepared to set mine up - or worst case return them :stuck_out_tongue:

@topher_mori got it working so there is a hope.

This is not how things work anymore. You need to use Edge drivers.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/announcement-smartthings-edge-for-devices-and-automations/229555

1 Like

OK - that was seemingly how it worked a month ago or so 
 So does the Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 work or not? Is there an Edge driver that works for it?

Does this work? SmartThingsEdgeDrivers/drivers/SmartThings/zigbee-window-treatment at main · SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsEdgeDrivers · GitHub - what’s the process? :slight_smile:

Oh, I thought it was already working with Edge driver. If it wasn’t so then I think they won’t work. Yet.

I can’t see E1 fingerprint in this driver so I won’t expect it to work. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

That’s sad :confused: I might unpack one and try the Zigbee Generic Battery Shade driver when I get them :confused:

There are few Aqara devices compatible with ST and there’s always hope Aqara will integrate fully after Matter is finally released. Let us know if you managed to get it working.

Actually there are plenty of devices works with minor changes . I have like dozens Aqara devices and all of them work smoothly

But wasn’t there something with E1 devices that made them incompatible?

there were some series that require manufacture specific flag on pair.
But I believe it was T*. I don’t own any E or T devices