[Depricated] Lock Code Manager

Awesome!! Thanks for the quick response!

They seem to be doing an IP look up to set the discount value. I’m getting 15% - 60% depending on where I VPN into.

If you VPN into an area which has a larger discount, you can order at that price.

1 Like

And pick it up at a different store? E.g., get the price at a store 2 hours away, but pick it up at a local store?

Yea, I think it’s only based on IP address, so you could add it to your cart at that price and then choose whatever pickup store you’d like.

At home, the discount is 60%. We have 2 networks at my workplace. One network yields a 40% discount and the other one shows a 15% discount.

If you have a VPN service you could probably bounce around and find where the 60% discount works for you then pickup at your local store.

It’s bad form to implement the discount in the way that they did IMO. If they want to target a store for a discount, they should have made you select your store before showing prices, or just set their discounts evenly through out their stores… though I get how a store in NYC couldn’t have the same prices as say… my home town.

EDIT: This may be against their TOS? A customer service rep should just give you the 60% discount if you make a small fuss. Best Buy got in a bit of trouble when customers discovered their besybuy.com intranet site was displaying store-based prices while their bestbuy.com internet site displayed internet prices (they would price match) and customers who saw an item at $20 online would be surprised to see the same item at $25 in store… then on the intranet site, they would see it was $25 “online” when they went to price-match.

1 Like

I am having the same/similar issue. Any help would be appreciated. I have all slots enabled (30). When I slide the enabled? setting to on (enabled), that setting disappears after I press Done. I am able to set up codes, but not enable them. This happens on both my iPhone and iPad. I am using the latest version 4.1.5. I have a Smartthings 1.0 hub and a Kwikset zwave lock. I have been using this app for quite a while without this problem happening. I have tried to stay current with the updates to the smartapp and the device type. I haven’t been setting up or charging codes much recently, but noticed the problem. Does anyone have any ideas to help solve my issue? Thanks.

You should not set user total to 30 unless you’re actually using 30 user codes.

I recommend you delete this app and use the beta app instead, as it will help you to delete codes that you don’t specifically set in-app.

Thanks, I will try that…Will the codes I set up using 4.1.5 app stay programmed on the lock (I.E. Will the new app recognize the codes already set up there?) I am physically 2500 miles away from the lock I’m managing and travelling there is not an option for several months. I would still would like to manage the codes from my current location though. Thanks so much for your quick reply. Would be happy to provide feedback on your new app if I can get it working.

The new app will delete the existing codes on the lock. You’ll have to re-enter the codes in the new app in order for them to continue to work.

You don’t need access to the physical lock in order to perform the process. I just took a screen shot of my user list and then transcribed it to the new app.

Question…

I put the lock manager into the app today and gave it a try…Everything seemed to be going well just have a few general questions.

I am using a Schlage connect lock

Since I started using the app I had previously programmed a access code using the programming on the lock itself. Will this app overwrite that and wipe that out? or will that still be on the lock? It did not show on the lock in the lock manager, but still worked.

I had a interesting thing happen as I was leaving the house today, I closed the door and went to press the Schlage logo to lock the door and nothing happened. Normally this is how I lock the door, Did I mess up a setting in the lock app? I very much prefer to lock the door then having to use my phone to do that.

Any help or guidance would be great. Thank you

You probably need to be using the correct DTH for your lock.

garyd9’s DTH would probably work best. You may have to do some research.

I don’t have that lock, so I can’t attest personally. I don’t know why the design decision on the locks firmware would allow the lock key to be reprogrammed via ZWave. That seems… bad.

This app does not delete codes automatically, however if you program for instance slot4 for a code and then enter a user on slot4 on the app, the app will overwrite the manually entered code.

The new beta app has an option to overwrite all codes not entered on the app’s settings. I think this is the most user friendly setting for most people.

The option to press Schlage on the keypad to lock after you close the door is called “Lock and Leave.”

You (or someone in the home?) may have accidentally disabled it. I don’t think it can be turned off from the mobile phone.

In any case, to re-enable lock and leave if it continues to not work:

1. Open the door
  2. Extend the deadbolt
  3. Press the Schlage button on the outside keypad
  4. Enter your 6-digit programming code (the lock will blink a small LED at the bottom of the keypad to indicate programming mode)
  5. Press 7 on the keypad

You’ll get one blink and one beep if the feature has been enabled
You’ll get two blinks and two beeps if the feature has been enabled

1 Like

I’m fairly new to ST and have only used it in it’s most basic form. I’ve just added a Schlage Connect and was looking for a better way to manage lock codes and ended up here. I have a couple questions I hope someone can help answer.

1. Will this work with the Schlage Connect (it looks like so based on some of the posts)?
  2. My main goal is to be able to add and remove codes for people and the days/times they can enter, get notifications when some are entered. Both of these are listed in the features, I just want to make sure these are easy to manage/enable.
  3. Are the original post instructions easy to follow for a ST beginner, are there any predictable surprises I can avoid with a little insight?

Just trying to make sure this is the right direction for me to go before heading down another smart home rabbit hole :slight_smile:

Thanks,
j

Hi.
Love the smart things hub and devices.
New user, and trying to update lock manager to the latest beta version to get the schedule function to allow scheduling of individual codes for a specific time frame. Bought a house that was a rental, that had this function using the nexia app, and converted to smart things. I installed the lock manager, but need to schedule codes for times.
I’m confused on how to update the prod code to the beta version.
I see the link zwave lock groovy updated 2 days ago. Where do I put this code?
Also, when I did the original config, I never had the reporting function available as a type, and only had z wave lock with codes.

Can someone put a step by step instruction to update?

Thanks

Ed

Did you ever get Lock code manager working on your Kwikset 916? I have the same issue

Just noticed the following error showing up in the log file. Not sure what it means, i have not noticed any issues otherwise

a98a5636-ab04-4cb6-b054-0986dfc21d4c 8:01:46 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot set property ‘codes’ on null object @ line 251
a98a5636-ab04-4cb6-b054-0986dfc21d4c 8:01:45 PM: debug checking children for errors

This is a [Lock Manager] error.

If possible, try to keep discussion about that app inside of that apps thread.

It’s possible you just need to go to the parent app’s home screen and then click ‘done.’

I don’t have the 916 but I don’t think it would behave differently than the other locks.

Use the DTH and smart apps and you should be good to go. I don’t have a lot of free time right now to write a good tutorial on how to install these, but there are some around the community. Also, SmartThings support will help you get things installed if you contact them.

I am advising people starting to use the beta application instead of this one. It is more user friendly for people who are trying to find their way. This app should only be used for support of people who are still using the old app.

Has anyone else found that after installing this app (maybe the device handler) that I can’t lock the door with just the schlage button anymore? It seems I have to type in one of the codes or wait for the auto lock. Also, anyone else know if there’s a feature to change the autolock countdown?

This…

If you are using garyd9’s DTH, “Lock and Leave” is on the phone UI. You can enable or disable it from there. I think this is disabled by default when the DTH is installed.

1 Like