[DEPRECATED] Honeywell T6 Pro Z-wave Device Handler

This device handler is a copy of the standard SmartThings one with two minor changes:

1. Adds humidity capability and tile
  2. Removes the filter to not poll Honeywell thermostats. This one needs polling.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2583

Hi,

I created a device handler with your code, but when I tried to create the device itself, it asked for a zigbee or network id. Doe you know how to find it? Or another way to connect smartthings with the lyric?

Thanks for your help!

You don’t need to manually create the device. You pair it normally in the app.

Hi prjct92eh2,

You mean, just create de device handler and then click “add a Thing” in the app.
I did just that using the ‘classic’ app, but no device is found. It says ‘make sure your device is in pairing mode’, but I covered the whole menu/settings of that thing, but pairing mode doesn’t seem to exist. Strange enough, the whole installation went flawless using my iPhone and the Honeywell app, so my apple Home app sees it as a smart device.

Any suggestions?

Do you have the WiFi or z-wave version of the T6? This handler only works for the z-wave version.

This is the product code: Y6H810WF1005
It is compatible with HomeKit and IFTTT according to their website.
It has a wired connection to the central heater-module (which is wired to the central heater), but It uses WiFi to connect to my home network.

Is this then the WiFi version?

yes, that’s the WiFi version. You could try adding it as a Honeywell Lyric Thermostat. Maybe they use the same API.

Hello all!

I got one of these thermostats for my new shop and I really like it aside from one thing: Using the above DH, the display doesn’t update on changing settings by itself. It’s basically always a guessing game of counting how many times one presses e.g. the temp-up arrow to know where the setting is. The only way I can get it to update is leaving the DH page in the app and opening it again. Is there anything that can be done, or am I the only one having this problem?

I am wondering if it has something to do with the polling setting which seems to be at 5min in the DH? Could it be polled more often since it’s a 24V wired application for me and not battery powered without having any detrimental effects? What would be a “sane” polling period? (Can you tell, I am a DH hacking newbie?)

TIA
–Zax

which SmartThings app are you using? and have you updated the device handler lately? There was a polling issue with an earlier version.

I am using Version 2.17.0, Build Number 448328. I installed the device handler a couple of weeks ago - was there an update since?

Thanks for the quick reply! Much appreciated!
–Zax

ok, so Classic app and that should be the most recent version of the DTH. If you open live logging in the IDE, do you see a “Polling thermostat for updates” entry every 5 minutes?

You could reduce the polling time to a minimum of 2 minutes i believe.

I think I might see something weird too. Is the actual temperate not updating for you or is it the setpoint temperature?

I am waiting at the moment to see if I see a polling entry in the logs - it’s the setpoint temperature that is not updating. The one thing that I always found kind of odd is that the humidity however updates VERY frequent, sometimes multiple times a minute if it flip flops between a full percentage

–Zax

Yes, seeing the polling happening every 5 minutes. Actually, in the last one there were two entries for it at the same time, not sure if that has anything to say.

On another note, I see an entry with:

3:26:29 PM: debug unknown setpointType 0

in there as well

that would be a problem. in the IDE device page, what does your current states section look like?

Here is a screenshot:

Hi,
Thanks for this. It installed fine. However, despite all settings in degrees F, the vertical axis of temperature graph shows in degrees C, Any thoughts?
Al;so is there any way to set schedule for thermostat as this feature is turned off on thermostat when connected to a Z-Wave network
David S

Hmm, it should use your system wide setting.

Hi, @Automated_House

Thanks for this DH. Works great. I have one issue - When I use webcore to change the heating/cooling setpoint to a specific temperature, it doesn’t actually show the change until the next poll (every 5 minutes). How do you recommend I handle this? I see your function alterSetpoint sends a setpoint event, which seems to solve the problem. Should I add a function to your DH that calls alterSetpoint? Or is there a better way to get the base device functions working without polling?

Edit: I now see your functions setHeatingSetpoint and setCoolingSetpoint. They don’t seem to update the UI immediately like the alterSetpoint function does. Is this just a UI delay? I’m not at home, so I can’t check for sure if the changes are being sent immediately and it’s only the UI that updates on polling

It’s been forever since I’ve used this thermostat, but fromwhat I remember, the setting updates immediately. It’s only the UI that takes the 5 minute refresh.