[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 3.16 with Alexa Feelings

Hi Spinny and welcome to EchoSistant.

The directions do work for UK, there are a few that I know of using it.

What you do is when you create the AWS account your region needs to be Ireland. You have to make sure your ARN created in the lambda is a Europe ARN. And the final thing is to make sure the https address listed in the lambda file is correct for your location. Directions on that are in the lambda section of the wiki.

I’ll get the wiki updated as soon as I can.

Oh… And don’t skip any steps at all.

Let me know exactly where you are having problems and I can walk you through it.

OK. Thanks.
Back to Step 3 then…
When I log into the SmartThings IDE https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ and go to the My SmartApps page, there is no button marked “settings” anywhere on the screen.
Actually when I log into the IDE at SmartThings.com and go to My SmartApps I just get a page which says “You don’t have any Apps yet. Add one now”. There are two buttons “Add GitHub Integration” and “+ New SmartApp” on the top right of the page.
If I then go to MyLocations on the IDE I can select the Hub/Location I am working with from the list of Locations (I have 3 in my list). I then get directed to https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/login/auth where I have to login a second time. I can then select the My SmartApps page and it shows the SmartApps I currently have installed including EchoSistant as the first one listed. Once again at top right of the page I have no button marked “settings” - just ome marked “+ New SmartApp” and one with a cloud symbol which says “import” when you hover over it.
So I can’t do step 3.2 because there is no such button !?

put this in your web browser and see if it has you log in and go strait to your account.

this is also the address that should be in your lambda.

https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/login/auth

1 Like

Yes, that address does take me straight to my account.
However there is no “settings” button on the “My SmartApps” page so I cannot do step 3.2 of the instructions
(Not got as far as creating the Lambda account yet as its a later step.

Thanks.
Gonna have to go to bed soon, so will check back tomorrow.

ok… Sorry you’re having so much trouble.

follow this link. It all about the integration. I think you’re not seeing the settings button because you’ve never started it. I’ll update the wiki with this information as well.

but, this step is not that important. It can be taken care of after we get you up and running.

OK, I’ll take a look at that GitHub stuff when I get a chance. But if that step is not so important, I’ll put step 3 on hold.

So beyond that I got as far as Step 5.
When I open the SmartApp and do step 5.4 I do not get any messages in the EchoSistant log page telling me the STAppID and the ST Security Token. I have these entries in the Echosistant log page…
fc54ea8f-2527-42b9-8dbb-15b718df4fc3 ‎20‎:‎48‎:‎31: debug ParConC = , AlertProC =
fc54ea8f-2527-42b9-8dbb-15b718df4fc3 ‎20‎:‎48‎:‎31: debug ParConC = , AlertProC =
fc54ea8f-2527-42b9-8dbb-15b718df4fc3 ‎20‎:‎48‎:‎18: debug ParConC = , AlertProC =
fc54ea8f-2527-42b9-8dbb-15b718df4fc3 ‎20‎:‎48‎:‎18: debug ParConC = , AlertProC =

So where do I go from here ?

Hi Spinny, stepping in for Jason while he is recovering from a medical procedure. The logs appear to be truncated, could you please post the entire message. Also, there was a toggle the enables the security token in ide. I assume you have enabled that (if the token id is showing in the app, it means you did). The good part is that you see some logs, that means you are getting closer.

Hi, thanks.
I have posted the entire message from the logs. There is nothing else.
When I go into the EchoSistant SmartApp on the App two log messages are generated in the IDE. Then when I click on the “EchoSistant Security and Support” another two log messages are generated. When I turn on “Show Security Tokens” in the SmartApp I get no messages in the log at all, certainly not the message with the security token details described in the wiki instructions, Hence the 4 messages shown above.

I don’t quite know what you mean by “there was a toggle that enables the security token in IDE” - or where you are expecting me to see the token id in the app ?

I have followed the instructions in the wiki for Steps 1, 2, 4 and 5 up to 5.4.

Instead of copy and paste of the logs. Please post a screenshot of the entire page

1 Like

Ok, that’s the ‘toggle’ I was referring to. Let’s try to reset the token. Sometimes the token is not generated correctly as in the picture below:

Just click Revoke and then back out. If that doesn’t do it, just follow the revoke/reset. What you want to see is this

I just had a real world experience that has made me realize the power of this app.

I live in a two story house. I had back surgery this morning and I’m in my bed. I don’t want anyone having to sit here and nurse me, but I need help just to roll over.

So, I could text anyone to help me… But, I dropped my phone on to the floor.

I called my dad to cine help me using the Dot on my nightstand.

No stress at all.

7 Likes

Quick recovery, my friend. We need you up and running, literally :smile:

1 Like

Hi again.
Best wishes for Jason and the recovery from back surgery.
I work at Rolls-Royce so maybe Jason saw some of our aero engines in service with the USN.

OK. I have used the revoke token option in the App. Whenever I select that option in the App it is generating a message in the IDE logs. This is the message giving the ID and token, although it does say “trace” rather than “info” at the front part of the message.
When I use the “Show Security Tokens” toggle in the App, I still don’t see anything happen - no further message appears with the ID and Token in the IDE logs - nothing further is displayed in the App, i.e. no Access token information is displayed like in your screenshot.
I guess I will have to try the additional reset step too ?

did you enable oAuth in the smartapp in the IDE?

Maybe these will cheer up Jason … ?

1 Like

oh… dear god no!!!

This first pic means there were marines on board… and their sense of humor is amazing…

The second meant we were sitting off the coast of Florida for 2 weeks while the pilot trainees bounced off of the roof… and of course they are trainer aircraft… so we never had work to do… lol

3 Likes

Ah I see that got a reaction :))
Was that - don’t make me laugh it hurts ?:))

Yes I enabled oAuth following Step 2 instructions in the Wiki. When I look at my SmartApps in the IDE EchoSistant is listed with “true” in the OAuth column.

lol… you bet… I’ve spent months upon months sitting on a ship listening to those guys bounce off the roof… such a fun time…

1 Like

wishing you well !!

2 Likes