My hub appears to have died. Here is the sequence of events (weird?) generated from notification messages in the smart things application
- 09/24 05:37am cat - hub goes in to disconnected status
- 09/24 05:42 hub is “inactive”
- 09/24 07:02 Sunrise fires andI have a light switch off
- 09/24 07:51 my phone leaves ( I went out…)
- 09/24 08:20 medicine reminder application fires and rings a door bell
- 09/24 10:02 my phone appears (I came home…)
- 09/24 11:23 my phone leaves (I go out again)
- 09/24 11:38 my phone arrives (I come back again)
- 09/24 12:30 I open smart things app on IOS and all devices are ! unavailable status
- 09/24 12:30 Go to smart things hub - no light on the front, but the yellow activity light is blinking on the ethernet
- 09/24 12:30 Unplug, replug; no lights. No ethernet link/activity. Nothing
Why do I have notifications when my device was in disconnected/inactive status? How is it possible they are recorded in the cloud if the devices was inactive or disconnected? I don’t know if these run local or not, but I doubt it.
Anyway - no lights on the front. no lights on the back. Tried leaving it off for 10 minutes. Tried removing batteries and leaving it. Tried powering with just batteries. Tried with just power. Nothing. Tried pressing the red button. Nothing
Has it expired? If so is this likely to be replaced at no cost to me or should I start getting used to the idea that I will need to spend money to solve this? I have over 50 devices now, am I going to need to re-pair them all again or is there some migration strategy now?