Danfoss Ally Zigbee TRV - testing, with limited experience

Hi all! While trying to find a TRV to use/control through Smartthings I found in the app the Danfoss Ally Option. I prefer Zigbee as I have lots of bulbs and power switches and with a little research I thought this could work fully as “out-of-the-box”. Luckily Danfoss were kind enough to provide me with one for testing purposes and I could do the following:

• Connect-it through app (scanning code failed, connect it through pairing procedure - reset, pairing mode, connection)
  • I can see the live status of the Thermostat,
  • I can even see it in the Google Home app, and it appears I have control of the temperature, having as visible the cursor.
  • I have no real control whatsoever, changing the setpoints in the Smartthings app or in Google Home app producing zero effect on the actuator of the thermostat.
    It appears that the connection is only providing informative effect with no control capabilities. Any suggestions on how to improve this toward a better control (or, so to say, a real one :slight_smile:)
    Thank you!
2 Likes

I’m also looking for a solution for a TRV.

Hi! I should have updated the above: As stated, I could not “hot test” the TRV’s, as I could not install them on my radiators due to missing of Hertz adapter in the package. Lately I bought Tado TRV’s and fully installed. I noticed that these are having a calibration moment when they are fully mounted. I could not do this, therefore it seems that the TRV were ok, only some limits related to mounting. On a software perspective, I think these are ok. The price seemed also good.